Apologizing codechef

Just provide them with your codeforces/atcoder/topcoder/leetcode/spoj ID.

4 Likes

I believe it is against the Code of Conduct of Codechef to make a second account, So that would be an unwise move.

1 Like

I will delete the current account. So, I will only have 1 account

He made a second account just for a post and you are telling not to make second account for contest :rofl:

6 Likes

same for me , and no worries they are just rating , if the rating is decreased then i think we have enough guts to regain them in just 3 to 4 contest.

5 Likes

I personally have always opposed cheating and plagiarism.
I can be a pupil of CF and 2 or 3 stars on CC for a lifetime but never cheat.
You seem to be a lot better than me at problem-solving, but I will suggest you to never cheat your way out. It is one of the greatest lessons I have learnt in life.

Keep up the spirits. This too shall pass.

4 Likes

Completely disagree with you. I’m from a tier-3 college, bad in CP, but I have been contacted by Google twice. Cp doesn’t helps in building connections, it helps in improving your logic which further helps in interviews. Still in top product-based companies, its not about how fast you find a solution, its much more than it. They take everything into consideration, like how you communicate your approach, how you are able to optimise the solution, many people get selected just by solving 1 coding question from 2 if they know how to share their thought process. If you see my profile, my rating is bad, and many of my friends who doesnt even use codechef are earning more than 7lpa. CP does provides an edge but it would be of no use if you’re not able to perform well in interviews. Many 6 stars on codechef are also not able to perform well in interviews.

are you seriously considering codechef rating among all this bullshit 4 star accounts that pops up every week on LinkedIn?

Yess Agreed with that

Did they contacted you for Interviews ? If yes ,can you guide us here how do you did that.

The recruiter contacted me through LinkedIn. I’m not quite sure how my profile grabbed her attention, but I’m SIH 2020 Grand Finalist, so that can be one thing and the role was of Software Engineer University Graduate 2020. Big companies have their eyes on all platforms, CodeChef, CodeForces, HackerEarth, Kaggle, and specially LinkedIn. So keep your profile updated with your skills, internship experiences, projects and remain active on that platform so you could end up in their feed and build good connections. The more your name come in searches, the better.

These days the desperation for a good rating is too much, people are not doing CP for the betterment of skills or for fun but solely for better ratings.
Thinking good ratings equal good placements is just wrong, you need actual skills for that.

3 Likes

delete your current account and open a new account. submit all the solutions there

What are the privileges of “Regular” on codechef ? @akshitm16 And how does one achieve it ?

https://discuss.codechef.com/badges/3/regular

2 Likes