Approach to become Good Programmer

@devanshug This is indeed a great answer and I hope that @msehgal can get the extra motivation he needed from it :smiley:

1 Like

thanx everyoneā€¦ for such a wonderful response, I just meant to motivate @msehgal and provide him some instructions in competitive codingā€¦ Its good that it is useful to all of youā€¦ havenā€™t thought that the answer will be so acceptableā€¦ jst wanted to listen thoughts of other coders @bugkiller, @kuruma, @junior94, @vineetpaliwal, @anton_lunyov, @betlista, @cyberax, @bit_cracker007(Sorry, I forgot to mention your name) to this question, but I dont knw why this question is closed and I dont knw how to start it againā€¦ :frowning:

1 Like

now it is open again @devanshug

Now its open :smiley:

three things really amazed me about your storyā€¦ 1. you first coded at an age of 8/9 yearā€¦ I just saw some Visual Basic Programs at that age but never tried to write oneā€¦ I actually started coding at an age of 14 in Javaā€¦ I never studied C++ (though my college heavily focus on it)ā€¦ 2. it was Python which brought u back in programming worldā€¦ which is my favoriteā€¦ its actually because of Game Programming, I first learned Pythonā€¦ 3. last but not at all least, A ā€œgirlā€ introduced you to competitive programmingā€¦ 1 in 100 cases that would ever happen

13 Likes

@devanshug, and about 1/10000 she would love me backā€¦ Nontheless, she means a lot to me and she knows it, and, as I said, itā€™s amazing what codechef can doā€¦ Alsoā€¦ Hope is the last thing to die :smiley:

4 Likes

I also owe a lot to codechef, codechef gave me a purpose and motivated me to go even furtherā€¦ I canā€™t express how much I love coding, I put a lot of heart into everything I write, no matter how small or insignificant it isā€¦ Being able to share that with other people is something that I will be always thankful forā€¦

4 Likes

@devanshug thereā€™s nothing I can add besides what Iā€™ve said a lot of times, even if I did, your answer is detailed enoughā€¦

thank you guys some wonderful repliesā€¦ @Devanshug and @kuruma

Iā€™m glad you found it helpful @msehgal :slight_smile:

some amzaing answers hereā€¦ hope to see more from the community.

learn java ā€¦get cool tutorialsā€¦
learn java click hereā€¦ Learn JAVA ~ PROGRAMMER HELP

@kuruma, Where is she now? What happened to your love story?

@haccks sometimes it is best not to learn that both Romeo and Julietta committed suicide for their love. just keep in mind that they would commit suicide if it is necessary :wink:

This link will really help you for learning compititive programming

http://discuss.codechef.com/questions/37684/learn-competitive-programming

@haccks, sadly, she sort ofā€¦ ā€œdisappearedā€ from Codechef and stopped replying to my textsā€¦ Maybe sheā€™s just busy with uni, but, it still saddens me a lot when I think about itā€¦

3 Likes

@kuruma, Great story, you are an inspiration to all those who want to contribute to this codechef community!

1 Like

@ v_akshay, Thanks for enjoying reading it!! Sadly, I think that my performances in contests arenā€™t still very good when compared to how much I love this community and programmingā€¦ but, as I said, having to learn everything ā€œaloneā€ and being busy with univ really doesnā€™t leaves me much free time to dedicate to competitive programmingā€¦ But, Iā€™ll keep learning as much as I can

2 Likes

@kuruma, But you said that she is your FB friend ? Didnā€™t you tried to contact her ? I can see last she participated in long NOV13 on Code Chef.

1 Like

Sometimes while doing we donā€™t get answers of our questions and doubts either because they may seem very easy or foolish asking. What to do and how to approach in that caseā€¦?!!