August Cookoff 505 Server error

Most of us got server error at 9:30 and after 20 minutes the page loaded for me (I don’t know whether it is up for everyone or not).
And I opened the contest page and saw 1000 submissions on first problem.
Wow! How can this contest is not postponed or turned Unrated ???

14 Likes

Don’t give contest

8 Likes

yes, even the submission is taking so long.

2 Likes

i saw the first question and it has already 500 successful submission :frowning:

4 Likes

server is down

1 Like

is codechef going to address this after the contest
I’m not giving contest . .

2 Likes

mahn !! such sed !! somedays I just wake up thinking *aaj ka test acha jaye. none the less I hope this does not happen in the future.

1 Like

Yeah, they should consider re conducting it.

2 Likes

BRO I M FACING THE SAME ISSUE

2 Likes

exactly I closed out considering there ain’t be any contest today but now I am helpless ,wish for a new cook-off or make this one unrated

3 Likes

Exactly, Codeforces turns the contest unrated if any such thing happens.

1 Like

yeah truly cf is understanding enough I guess,and they hold many contests to compensate for such issues but codechef only hosts 3 contests offically so,either a new cook-off would do or they should make this one unrated atleast.

3 Likes

The compiler is giving different results on each run with the same code

1 Like

Even after a late joining you can do well…if you solve 2 or 3 you will get a decent rank

I could have thought of that with 15-20 minutes delay, but the due the server error I thought contest would be called of and eventually I left , when I got to know things got restored it was over an hour and with penalties under consideration. I didn’t went in. I know its a cowardish act and excuse to make but I really couldn’t do that time., I am set for the next one though.

3 Likes

U get very few short contests on codechef every month (generally 2, ocassionally 3)
And you cant expect yourself to not give contests when you want to test yourself/improve your rating.

My comment was not general.
He was asking to make it unrated just because his internet was slow.
I was telling him to not give contest as nobody is forcing him.

@humane
He didn’t ask because his internet was slow, even i faced a similar problem, i saw the same 505 error till 17 minutes into the contest while all other websites were opening immediately on the other tabs. This problem was faced by many users, but u may not have faced it.
and
@admin
It did affect people like me, when my server loaded there were nearly 60+submissions, and i was able to solve the first question in 2-3 min, so overall it did affect my rank by around 40 ranks.

1 Like

Yeah,we all got the error in server but at last codechef gives extra time for submission because of late start.

@subham_cc99 I think there was a problem in your internet connection that it took you 20 min to start.

My contest started at 9:32 sharp. BTW it did show server error at 9:30

When I opened there was no submission for any problem by then. I think competition worked out fair for me. Also I got a really good rank according to my standards(rank 160) and my Code Chef rating increased by 197.

Best competition for me till now