Best IDE for Competitive Programming?

Best IDE according to me
Online : Leetcode Playground and Jdoodle
Offline : Codeblocks

1 Like

I was also using this setup for quite some time.
Due to some issues i had to reset my pc. But now after i have set it up, it is working extremely slow. A simple hello world program takes 13 seconds. Earlier none of my codes ever took more than 3 seconds.

Do you have any idea? Can you share your build file?

Geany on linux (Windows doesn’t have builtin terminal) is probably one of the best for competitive coding.

Clion or PyCharm

Normally it happens for the first time you compile after staring the applications.
So is it your first compilation after start??

Nope, not the first compilation

if youre using this too, share your build file please. Maybe there is an issue with the one im using. Cant think of any other problem

Also had the same doubt at start but never needed anything after vscode

1 Like

For me, it is Visual Studio Code by Miscrosoft with c++ extension enabled. VS code is recommended

I am not using any custom build file, it’s C++ single file.

I don’t like any offline compiler , they are system dependent, just use online compiler

best :
c++14 : “Online C++ 14 Compiler - Online C++ 14 Editor - Run C++ 14 Online - Online C++ 14 Runner
Python3 : “Python Online Editor - Python Online IDE - Python Programming Online

Also there is no issue of plag and all , as after execution it does not create any sharable or public link.

1 Like

I have written a blog on how you can set up your vs code for competitive programming that can enhance your productivity during contest

How much time does it generally take to compile?

Just try it with

#include <iostream>

instead of

#include <bits/stdc++.h>

It could be that it is also compiling the complete C++ standard library, which would take really long.
Can you change the build files so that it also prints how long it took to execute the program itself.

For me:
compilation with iostream only: 0.5 s
compilation with bits/stdc++.h: 1.0 s
execution of program: 0.003 s
This may be OS-dependent. It could be that linux has the standard library pre-compiled.

Could you remove the redirection via Facebook?
The direct link is GitHub - div-25/SublimeText: Snippets and setup for competitive programming

1.2sec min compile with bits/stdc++.h.
Most of the time it’s less then 1.6 sec including GCC debugging on.

You can speed up compilation time by precompiling all the header files, i.e. by precompiling the bits/stdc++.h header file. This can speed up compilation time by up to a factor of 12.
For this, first, navigate to the stdc++.h file. This will be located at a directory similar to C:\MinGW\lib\gcc\mingw32\6.3.0\include\c++\mingw32\bits . Right click while pressing Shift to open a Powershell/cmd window there. Run the command g++ -std=c++17 stdc++.h , to compile the header. Take care to use the same flags you used in your build system. Check to make sure that the stdc++.h.gch file was created in the directory.

Tried it, only 0.2 second difference. I am no windows

Okay, thanks. Doesnt work for me. Trying something else