Best way to stop Plagiarism during a RATED ongoing contest

That’s all the more reason for you not to give up. Securing a good rank beating the goddamn cheaters gives you wayy more happiness and self confidence

2 Likes

Very true bro :blush:

1 Like

Can ICPC do anything about that, or can Codeforces, no way!

1 Like

@crap_the_coder

It is the responsibility of codechef to stop cheaters from cheaters IN THEIR OWN WEBSITE OF THEIR OWN CONTEST

Cheaters are gonna cheat somewhere else if not in codechef discuss , but they cant cheat in codechef discuss

1 Like

Lol :joy:
Is this his website or is this his contest to stop cheaters from cheating ??

That’s exactly my point

Such posts are taken down immediately by the moderators. Also, most people would know the consequences of such actions.

Anyway, CodeChef discuss is not the only place in CodeChef where you can plagiarize. The comments section is a haven for such activities. It’s not actively maintained.

In one case, I asked a question in the comments when a lunchtime contest started and I got the answer when there was 10 minutes left for the contest to end. It was for a 3 hours contest. Imagine what it would be like for a 10 days contest.

The moderators would strictly need to maintain the comments sections, which would be hard for a 10 days contest.

All that would remain is the unwanted closure of CodeChef discuss.

They can ask the doubts after the contest ends
Meanwhile they can try it out for 10 days !!

We need to understand that not everyone who comes to Codechef thinks of participating in long challenges. Some also come here just to solve problems and learn about some topic. We can’t stop discuss for such a long time for those people.

1 Like

If someone’s cheating, its due to the mentality that “after all rating is what matters” as others are able to see only that side of their true skills. Apart from on-site contests, presently there is no better way to portray their skills other than ratings. So I guess they seek shortcuts to gain “skills”.
There will be no effect if discussions are closed as they are just one of the mediums and not the cause. Only attacking the cause can help, provided someone is willing to help.

Remove college wise ranklist during contest… Thats what make people run into a rat race… Wantig to solve more problems even they cant… Anyway indians are trained in cheating from 10th class itself… So they can never get rid of that cheating mentality… Anyway even if someone is caught… It takes years for codechef to deduct their ratings… FYI cheaters of last year december challenge are not still penalized…

I am not fine with discuss being closed for 10 days of the month. That will hurt the community, and there are no real benefits of it either as others pointed out, there are other forums where they cheat. Mods are there on discuss and at least take action against them.

11 Likes

Bro… I dont think atleast one cheater got solution by asking in discuss…there are people who will tell him that he is wrong… The main cheating happens in what’s app and telegram groups created by friends where there is no moderator at all… I think vijju bhaya is doing great in discuss

I used be detected as plagiarism case by system. I have got dropped from 1900 to 1400 although I have sent some proven that those are own submissions. I also sent email to codechef admin more than 1 time but got no reply. It’s very disappointed time and I stopped code in codechef in few months. But now, after few of contests I’m back to my deserved rating :smiley:

5 Likes

Bro. You are an example of real strong will power. Keep it up.

Hi, We aren’t able to find any email sent by you. Not sure what has happened. Can you please forward the emails you had sent earlier to help@codechef.com, and we’ll see what can be done.