Bug during Plagiarism Detection

/*****AUTO GENERATED BY CODECHEF *****/

Issue has been updated by Manikandan Kbk.

Hi mnithinkk,

We found few of your codes in December Challenge 2019 Division 1 to be
similar with one another user’s submissions. We have disqualified all your
submissions. Here are the solutions we found to be similar:

It is of the form {link1 - link2}, {link3 - link4} which means that link1
and link2 have been found to be similar (of which, one would be a link to
your solution), and link3 and link4 have been found to be similar, and so
on. If you have been caught in only one pair, you’ll only see two links.

Let us know within five days , if you think you are being wrongly
penalized due to the false positive that MOSS has thrown.

/***** *****/
REPLY FROM MY SIDE

1. I HAVE NEVER PLAGIARISED EVER OR NOT GOING TO DO THE SAME EITHER IN FUTURE.

WHAT I DON’T UNDERSTAND IS, YOU CLAIM LINK 1 AND LINK 2 TO BE THE SAME BUT FROM DIFFERENT USER … BUT BOTH THE LINKS BELONGS TO MY ACCOUNT ONLY… LINK 3 AND LINK 4 IS STILL MINE…

I’M AFRAID, CODECHEF MOSS TESTS HAVE GONE VERY BAD AND STARTED TO CATCH THE INNOCENTS AND HONOUR PLAGIARISM…

I’VE SEEN MANY PEOPLES PROFILES (EVEN TOP CODERS) WHO HAVE A DROP IN THEIR RATINGS AND THINK WHY THESE PEOPLES ARE ACTUALLY CHEATING?

BUT JUST CAME TO KNOW, MOST OF THEM ARENT CHEATERS… ITS JUST CODECHEF MOSS IS THE CHEATER.

IF YOU WANT TO ACCUSE ME ANYWAY, GO AHEAD, I DON’T CARE…

I PRACTICE HARD, WHICH IS THE SOLE KEY TO IMPROVE KNOWLEDGE…

12 Likes

@admin may take a look

1 Like

LoL!!!

All these solution are yours only. Have codechef started using MOSS for solutions by a same user or what xD!!

1 Like

Lol I don’t know… I was wondering who was my partner in crime and checked all these links and as I EXPECTED (ON SEEING THE SUBJECT OF MAIL) codechef was wrong in MOSS … Also I don’t know who is the other person received the plagiarism mail along with me… Haha xD

@admin are you expecting different solutions to be submitted each time for the same problem? I mean I know only java, c, c++ and 2-3 approaches for the same problem… So I cannot submit more than 6 times? Lol

2 Likes

I guess you have to be correct only once per language… Even if you attempted more than one in a same language MOSS will caught you xD!

1 Like

@neha @Merrick Sequeira @admin @alei @vijju123

I need my solved questions to be shown back in my profile. I was emotionally connected with Dec 2019 challenge as it was my first contest which took me to 5 stars… And it was the first challenge where I got two lines of solved tags in FULLY SOLVED section. It added beauty to my profile.

Please restore at the earliest.

1 Like

These are both your submissions only. Your rank will be restored and CC will not punish you for this.

2 Likes

This indeed is a bug which we encountered during the running of DEC19 MOSS, and we thought we had fixed it, but looks like there are some stray issues still remaining. We’ll look into it and fix it. Would have helped if you had replied within the time frame given to you, and not after 3 months. But we will obviously not penalize any user for a mistake from our end - that is literally the entire purpose of the appeal phase, in case you are unaware of such a thing even after reading the email. Anyway, sorry for the issue.

But claiming that entire MOSS is useless because of one bug is just being naive, and we couldn’t care less to respond to such comments.

3 Likes

Maybe you should stop spreading wrong information about things you have no clue about.

6 Likes

@admin Thanks for the right response!

I passed out of college and working in corporate and so I rarely check Personal emails. I should have seen the email in April itself. Sorry for that! Its issue from my end as well.

@admin people are copy pasting code in recent long challenges and many have pointed this out but it seems no one is paying any attention to them.
It’s my request to look into this matter seriously and rectify the MOSS checker to identify the plagiarized submissions

1 Like

@admin I’m not getting enough help here. Please restore Dec19 problem tags in my profile.

Thanks @admin for the necessary action / help.

Closing the thread.