Bye bye CODECHEF

I agree that the queue situation was not perfect. However, I decided to simply solve other problems while waiting for my submissions to judge, and it went reasonably smooth. I could’ve lost a couple of minutes in the terms of penalty time, but so did other participants, so I feel like it was more-or-less adequate.

4 Likes

First of all many a times the long Challenge is a total waste in time due to mass cheating. What was left, was the short contests and seeing such deprovement in it, is really demotivating and sad. Codechef should change strategies in their product and also I don’t see the need of 3 divisions at all.

The idea of starters are absolutely fine but I think there should be a rated for all contest with all divisions being merged.

Actually the old division strategy was very good. Bringing an extra division just makes the rating graph very uneven.

5 Likes

big fan sir. I like your editorial videos on youtube.

1 Like

btw, I recorded a screencast for first four problems in Div. 1 CodeChef Lunchtime January 2021 Screencast, a.k.a. 'too tired to continue' - YouTube

3 Likes

Thanks. It will be useful.
EDIT: It is useful :sweat_smile:

@admin s strategy of CodeChef and unacademy to earn money CodeChef will become as hackerrank soon.

1 Like

i think their is no value of 5* value coder at codechef <<<<codeforces (1600) then why are you wasting time in codechef .
Even the level of question on codeforces>>>level of codechef

I think cofounder of codechef do not want any more charity he is hoping become billion!!!
Good BY codechef

Even the level of question on codeforces>>>level of codechef

Absolutely disagree with this. Problems on codechef are unique and very interesting always. Also, the same authors of codeforces create problems for codechef too lol.

2 Likes

last codeforces Div3 mein bhi server issues the +( it started 30 mins late) and i thought codechef will be better :confused: , both of them were my first contests aur dono unrated ho gaye, mujhe rating kab milegi pata nahi. codeforces #697 Div3 broke the participation record with 31k participants, servers couldn’t handle the traffic ,maybe because ig alot of us first years/ freshers joining cc now.

1 Like
1 Like

Why boycott CodeChef,
are you paying of setters or CodeChef ??
do you know how much hard work they do ??

So don’t say anything without knowing any fact

6 Likes

didi , first become 5 star and 1600 at CC and CF respectively then give this type of “gyan” :slight_smile:

1 Like

waise to didi g 3* coder hain…lekin inhe 5* coder ki value pta h… :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

lol , at least i have no requirement to comment with new ID , comment with your id bruh :wink:

1 Like

and u give me gyan over contest , jaa bhai jaa nhi time khoti krna terse baat krke , or bhi bahut kaam hai merko :slight_smile:

The questions were niceee, But this server sucks… Codehef can’t handle such a huge crown i suppose…
HERE ARE A FEW SUGGESTIONS

You can only check pretest as in Codeforces… also you can remove feature of IDE… As peps try to check compilation errors on Codechef IDE leading to more server misses…

2 Likes

+1

Codechef is getting worse day by day, The quality of problem statements on CC are really bad comparing to CF. Cheating is increasing day by day .Live youtube solutions were provided for yesterdays lunchtime contest .CC has so far done nothing to prevent cheating.
All they care is to increase their Youtube subscriber count and generate profits. I know setting problems cost money and the poor quality problem statements depicts how much money they are paying. Inshort CC doesn’t encourage CP all it encourages are inflated ratings.

Yes. Infosys is a company and it has real work.
Who are you to say otherwise?

Do you think that only FAANG have work?

1 Like

I guess I pass all the qualifications to talk with you. You are disrespecting a lot of Engineers. Infosys, TCS, and other companies provide employment to lot of engineers and also hire a lot of freshers. They do a lot of important work and also help a lot of engineers to build their careers in Software Engineering.
Do not disrespect others.

6 Likes