Change Your CodeChef Username

can we change our username to a deleted account?

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Use this for anything related to plagiarism - Reporting cheating, appeals, etc

No

What special permissions could the following error message refer to?

User with special permissions are not allowed to change their username

2 Likes

Hi @nskybytskyi

You had “Problem Creation” permission on CodeChef.

I am removing that permission from your account, then you will be able to change your username.

Also, If you want to contribute problems, later in the future, we will give you the permission again.

2 Likes

What about the certificates we received for old username,are they valid?will the username change in the certificates which we received before changing username?

Hi @saisree9354

Your certificates will still be valid.

do codechef provide certificates for free or just to pro memebers only

C’mon, you guys could have implemented this feature in a much better way rather than trying to fetch brownie points with a half-baked feature.

1 Like

@young_zeal_51 You need to complete the course to get the certificate. Some of the courses are free, but others require pro subscription.

@aryanc403, We have added one time change restriction to prevent abuse. However, the feature is complete, and was not designed with these constraints.

1 Like

There’s a high chance that this feature will be misused - one can impersonate anyone who changed his/her username. SE Indexing is gonna take a lot of time after the change, which is another issue.

Also, the restriction on the length of the username is too strict. I want to have sai_suman_chitturi (18 chars long). Or saisumanchitturi (16 chars long). But 14 is the maximum allowed.

2 Likes

But what about the certificate we got with the previous username, is it valid?

Yes @karan12218376

Hey @emperor100 I have sent a mail to CodeChef regarding 2 critical bugs on the website but haven’t received any response yet!! Is there any other way to reach out to them? Thanks!

nope

Summary

This text will be hidden