Cheating in contest Crack me if you can!

quite the detective :+1: :+1: :orange_heart:

@admin
Immediate action should be taken
Block these accounts or cancel the laddus

Can’t believe people can be so corrupted :sob: :sob: :cry:

1 Like

Please remove this comment :slight_smile:
Don’t doxx the person no matter what he did

No one claimed that he is not from Pune Institute of Computer Technology. We are saying that a college should not be banned due to some nincompoops.

1 Like

We are well aware of what we are doing, and we have this process for a reason. Yes, your point is valid, and is something we are very conscious of. No further public discussions on this.

4 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

4 Likes

Maybe you should read the entire Guidelines before hosting a contest in that case. I don’t see why this should be mentioned in Sign Up, as all users do not host contests.

“Failing this, your institute might be banned from hosting contests on CodeChef in future.”
About | Host Your Contest | CodeChef

And as has been said earlier, the final decision will be taken after discussing with the college authorities.

7 Likes

As now Everything is over so can someone please post editorials of this contest. :blush:

They got banned! How do you expect someone to post editorials? Anyway, you can see the editorial for one of the problems on codeforces :joy:.

I agree. They shouldn’t make an impact on other collage students. They should just see that the same users don’t do it again.

can you provide me a link to that?

I was able to solve the first four questions before they were removed from practice.

Voritex and string
Count uppercase and lowercase characters in each string and add their absolute difference to the answer.
Click here to see code.

Tony and the triplets
Concept: Beggar’s method
Click here to see the code.

BT engine
Check this thread.

Interview Day
This problem is from codeforces (29B).
I will explain the logic of my code.

Observe that a complete cycle is of time g + r, first part is of g seconds when light is green and you can pass and second part of r seconds, when you’ll have to stop for the reamaining time.

Time taken to travel upto traffic signal, t = d / v
Now, if t % (g + r) is less than g then you don’t have to stop your bike else, you’ll have to stop for (g + r) - t % (g + r) seconds.
Since, data type of t is double, we’ll have to use repetive subtraction intead of mod operation.
Finally, answer = d / v + stoppage_time + (l - d) / v

2 Likes

Just search karangujar codeforces thread cheating

This was nice :joy:

1 Like

Woah an Organised Cheating Racket busted! It is high time Indian Websites and Coders do something to curb cheating as our community is already having bad image because of events like these. As participants we should all stay away from even giving out/asking for hints in Long Challenges and other contests. It is CHEATING to DISCUSS an On-Going Contest Problem. As simple as that. Well but what happened here is next level. Codechef should do something to ensure fair contests otherwise the value of Codechef goodies/Laddus will be reduced to nothing.

Codechef already banned them!! :slightly_smiling_face: @drago_phoenix

3 Likes

Look like You really “Cracked” it :joy:

7 Likes

:sweat_smile: :rofl: :rofl:

Well there were better cheating method available. Like set an easy and simple contest, tell your friend those questions, ask you friend to copy paste them and submit them at some expected time gaps. But thank god they went with most foolish method ever i.e. asking low rating people to consistently beat all the high rated coders, otherwise where will you find threads like these :rofl:

:rofl: :sweat_smile:

I was alluding to the general practice of being casual about discussing problems. Also in this case they were pretty foolish and were thus caught. You never know there may have been people with smarter plans and better execution organising contests only to win rewards themselves.