CodeChef intellectual property rights?

What is the IP governing for the regular contests like Lunchtime, Cook-off and monthly Challenges? For example, at CodeForces it is defined at Codeforces Contest Rules - Codeforces - see the Intellectual Property section:

1. The rules below are used each time if for a particular round there are no separate rules. Competitors retain ownership of all intellectual and industrial property rights (including moral rights) in and to Submissions.

2. As a condition of submission, Competitor grants Codeforces, its subsidiaries, agents and partner companies, a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, publicly perform, create a derivative work from, and publicly display the Submission.

3. Contestants provide submissions on an "as is" basis, without warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including, without limitation, any warranties or conditions of title, non-infringement, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose.

For some reason, I am unable to fund anything similar at CodeChef. The closest I was able to find is the Section 9 of Terms of Service - Terms of Services | CodeChef. However the section does not stipulate that “Competitors retain ownership of all intellectual property rights in and to Submissions”.

Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Oleg B.

1 Like

Hi Oleg.

We have updated the terms and conditions pertaining to the Code IP. You may view it under section 10 at Terms of Services | CodeChef. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

2 Likes