Codechef Rating Predictor is Back

My long challenge rating is 1625 but Overall is still 1599
:hot_face:

Glad to know that. You made my day. :slight_smile:

I got mail from Codechef today saying that they will contact tomorrow regarding this. Hopefully predictor will be up before this cook off. Sorry for long challenge predictions. :confused:

1 Like

No probs man, you did your best. Not your fault the CC API messed up.

1 Like

Hello - I take it you didn’t have any luck with this, in the end? :frowning:

2 Likes

when will the rating predictor start working
@admin
@vijju123

1 Like

The replies in Codechef API not working still hold true.
tl;dr: There is no problem.

2 Likes

Where did you get the API documentation??

Yes no luck. :confused: I’ve implemented OAuth2 as they said in the docs but I’m getting some error(Cannot find module 'request' to be specific) during deployment because of some issue in the code from my side.

5 Likes

any possibility of predictor to start working?

1 Like

Check developers.codechef.com

@kshitij28 Can’t say anything about when it be up again since I’m facing some issues with it.

3 Likes

Is there any way to see predicted ratings ?

1 Like

Will the predictor be restarted during December Long?
It was amazing.

9 Likes

Hope it comes soon!!!

3 Likes

I guess it might be available again after ICPC.
It’s my random guess.

2 Likes

it is stopped working from a long time ago

1 Like

I’m glad you guys liked it. But unfortunately there are very less chances of making it comeback. After the API was restricted, I made changes to access it using OAuth2 via credentials.

But a part of this predictor parses the submissions page of contest to get list of all participants since ranklist doesn’t have participants having zero score. Example - https://www.codechef.com/DEC19B/status/WATSCORE?page=3

Initially it was able to parse all pages. But now after 10-12 requests, the “Hold it Right there sparky” page comes because of which it can’t parse any further.

Moreover, there is an API endpoint for submissions page but you can only request 20 submissions at max per request and in 5 minute you can do max 30 requests(there is a limit from API). So in 5 minutes, you parse at max 20*30=600 submissions which is ofcourse very less considering the amount of submissions that are actually there.

11 Likes

Does it show the sparky page after you are logged in?

might be possible for div1 atleast to some extent

1 Like

what about parsing the submissions parallely using different logins and combining it.might work

Do you need to fetch all submissions, or would the rankings be sufficient? Are they easier to get hold of?

Edit:

Sorry, ignore - missed an important part of your post :slight_smile:

1 Like