Codechef vs Codeforces

As you can see my submissions i dont do much at codechef from last 20 days or so . i do only codeforces and hackerearth . And that bloody attitude done nothing good .

1 Like

Hm ok bro . I think thats the reason which made u say nothing gonna happen :rofl:

1 Like

The intention of this post is to let codechef know what his user wants. This post does not mean to hurt anyone’s feeling. :slightly_smiling_face: If 83% percent people agree on this, then codechef should look over this.

2 Likes

what made you think codechef cares about this. no admin or their staff even respond ?

Aree aisa kabhi nhi hota
2 months ago, there were 7-8 posts with 100+ voters but Codechef didn’t do anything about it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know but…kabhi n kabhi to karenge. Shayad itne post dekh kar hi kuchh kr de.:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Why you withdrawn your post ?

1 Like

Sab darte hai unse isliye … :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

…Really?:joy::rofl:

2 Likes

I actually don’t support the 9th point to provide with test case files. Not providing the test case file provides to think in various directions and increases the capability to think.

3 Likes

Yeah, I too think so. This is the only site that doesn’t provide test cases and thus FORCES one to think about corner cases ( which might be proved helpful in short contests when you are getting wa verdict ).

1 Like

Ye testcases kaa problem pehle hota tha…abhi toh pata chal jaata hai ki where are we going wrong…You agree? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

FORCES? I mean no one is holding gun on you right?
its ur personal urge to learn thats the reason u r trying so hard
you had chance to leave those ques, submit someone’s soln or jst move on but u dont
so even if test cases were public you would not budge, would ya?
those test cases might actually help u to learn more
eg what if test cases had fault (extra spaces, weak test cases etc)
making test cases public wont hurt anyone with urge to learn but may help someone who is stuck

well then dont see those test cases
obvio we dont want the feature where a pop up comes for every failed test case
in that case soln of other people shld not be public too
So acc to you following someone’s approach is fine but figuring out prob in ur approach which failed on only 1 test case by viewing test cases will result in discouragement toward thinking
It shld be on candidate to judge when he/she has reached their breaking pt
I know codechef will never make test cases public but still as everyone stated their pt
So did I

1 Like

You also waste a lot of time debugging, rather than learning new algorithms/data structures/math/tricks. Its a trade off and I’d prefer learning to solve more difficult problems than debug known ones.

Codeforces has a lot more balanced short contests. I prefer that for learning. I have learnt much more on Codeforces than Codechef. Also there are ample blogs with collection of nice problems for various topics on Codeforces, you can get several doubts solved, and discover new approaches in Codeforces blogs/comments. Codechef Discuss from what I have seen of it is a place for ppl to rant about things and how difficult life is.

Codeforces community is slightly more rude but that maintains quality in their posts.

1 Like

Huuuhh??:no_mouth: Rant about things ??? . We don’t rant here . We just help each other in the formus .

1 Like

Publishing data is a sign of progress!!!:imp::imp::imp:

2 Likes

This was necessary to say . Thanks for maintaining the dignity of Codechef community.On the contrary, I would say that codeforces community is very rude and brutal, especially if guys with rating like <=1800 comment, post a doubt, ask anything, all they get is serious bashing and downvotes. How can someone learn like this…Thats a place where rich gets richer and poor get poorer… Though cf blogs on cp topics and problems are quite good. I only focus on them as the community is… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Guys problem EXAM1 of June cook-off has not been moved to practice. Someone please look into this matter.

I think :thinking: sorting the problem will not help much if you are preparing for ACM-ICPC. ::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes