Copied problem in COOK89

Agreed @vijju123

PS: codechef isnt an avatar of god. It too can make mistakes. My sole motive was to bring this issue to notice of admins, not to make contest unrated. We dont know how it works behind the scenes of problem setting much (though i would like to for long challenge, sometime).

1 Like

@codeaf, dont mistake my tone in following comment.

Did u know about that problem solution being available?? Did u solve the problem urself?

If no then the problem was new for you and you should try to solve this on your own.

PS: I dont know what u went through ICPC, and my concern was that if next time there doesn’t appear a similar case. But i wont say codechef stooped low because i know that the mistake was unintentional.

I didn’t knew that there were only a few submissions (cant know, without being moderator, or in problem aetting team) so assumed that there might be more submissions which gained this way, that’s only why i asked for an action. I didn’t knew that there were only a few submissions.

Merry christmas.

I don’t care about rating. I just wished to bring this to notice of admins, that’s all. Hope u understand.

1 Like

That’s no problem @kingofnumbers. I didn’t knew that problem testing include googling step too (silly of me).

PS:I’m glad no one is actually penalized because of me. :slight_smile:

Could u plz give link to those solution…

Hmm that’s true. I haven’t seen anything like that on Codeforces either. Does Codeforces mention anywhere how they deal with plagiarism? I searched a bit but it was fruitless.

@nishant0208 i think you forgot to add mine. ID:16656767 I did this terrible mistake and instantly mailed codechef,setter,tester and asked them to disqualify my solution. Now it doesn’t mean I didn’t try solving it and “cheated”. I tried for good enough 2 hours, I got frustrated because it seemed so obvious but was getting WA(Happens with lot). In last 5 min I googled just to get some common approach to attempt after contest. In b/w i saw its alrdy there and in heat of moment i submitted it. There may be many like me.I don’t think it’s good disqualifying all.