DELAY ON DEC LONG RATING UPDATION !

Its been already a week.

how many more days will it take to update dec 15 ratings.?

@Codechef please let us know.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I think it will take some time more because codechef is presently busy with organising the ACM ICPC regional Onsite round across India as can be seen from the recent 2 posts from Codechef team. But please do it as soon as possible.

Eagerly waiting for the rank updation.

8 Likes

alt text

PS - I am too tired of waiting! ._.

4 Likes

Rating has been updated finally. ! :smiley:

go grab yours :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have no words. It is a mistake, to say the least, to simply ignore TANKS score.
Please @admin, after a week of nothing, give contestants some information: is there any hope to know the full rejudge score of our submission?

I want to add that I am annoyed by the lack of professionalism and openness in the management of this contest.

4 Likes

The ratings for December Challenge have been updated.

1 Like

Directi is organizing ACM ICPC regionals ā€¦
this may be the reason for the delay

4 Likes

ratings have been updated

2 Likes

@admin: The ranks for the DEC15 long contest are inconsistent with the results of the rejudge of the challenge problem. Could you please update the ranks/standings accordingly and then re-update the ratings?

2 Likes

Hey all, There is an issue in getting the final scores for TANKS from ā€Ŗ#ā€ŽDEC15ā€¬. We are looking into the issue and will fix it soon. Once we do that, we will be recalculating the ratings for the contest as well.

1 Like

Hey all, The issue with the scores of TANKS has been resolved. It was a and we have recalculated the rankings for December Challenge 2015. We regret the delay. You can now go and check the final rankings for the contest.

1 Like

@admin Though the rankings for DEC15 has been resolved but why the ratings is still the same?

Shouldnā€™t there be re-calculation of ratings as well ?

1 Like

Based on what? CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone shows inconsistent scores.

This is just as meaningful as made up ratings.

4 Likes

Seems like the rating is based on the last ā€œrejudgeā€ of TANKS (0 points for everyone). So the ratings update is probably a good estimation in regions of the scoreboard where no one actually solved TANKS, but ridiculously wrong for the top scorers (unless codechef came to the conclusion to drop TANKS)

3 Likes

One big tie for the first place, with everyone having 0 score for TANKS :slight_smile: Thatā€™s also some kind of a rejudge of the problem :slight_smile: Seriously, though, @admin please take a look at this issue (everyone having a score of 0 at the problem TANKS)

2 Likes

@xellos0 agreed. :frowning:

hoping that @Codechef will look into this matter asap. :expressionless:

2 Likes

Hey everyone, We will look into the issue and will fix it.

@admin why it is showing score of 0 at the problem TANKS?

1 Like

@admin: As you can see, everyone has a score of 0 for the challenge problem TANKS. This is obviously wrong. There was probably some issue when rejudging the problem, because now all AC solutions have a score of 0 and even their reported time is 0.00. Please have a look at this issue. I could see the same problems with other challenge problems when they were added in the Practice section (e.g. SCRABBLE from last monthā€™s long contest), so Iā€™m guessing thereā€™s a bug with how the problem was configured (e.g. maybe the wrong master judge was used or the master judge has a bug, I donā€™t know).

1 Like

Hi mugurelionut, i was viewing your last solution for problem ā€˜TANKSā€™. You have used mersenne twister for generating random numbers,although C++ newer version supports mersenne twister engine inbuilt,then why donā€™t u use that directly instead of defining it in your own class. I have seen the same thing in code of other great coders too and i want to know why they do this?

1 Like