Deleted post ------------------------------

Thanks for saying that!

1 Like

Subtasks exist for a reason, you should definitely consider all of the problems

2 Likes

Yeah I expected to be judged alot. Thanks.

I would’ve been in division 1 if did 1 subtask of CONTAIN. I tried for 100 but failed :sob:

Ouch. You’re super close though, will probably get there next contest (or at least next long)

1 Like

yeah I know… :’( I know that I didn’t try enough… Maybe codechef could have given a heads up that this time it was gonna be purposefully easy… I don’t know…

That will never happen. I’d recommend upsolving those 5 questions now rather than being on discuss. The editorials are out anyway.

To be fair, the number of submissions should be a good indicator of it being easy

1 Like

That was my motivation for even touching GUESSG

But I ended up comparing the numbers, and I felt like there’s something wrong this time.

Haha, I was at the same place last month. 2 short of Div 1, and it stings! But don’t worry, you’ll get there next contest.

The most important thing is your dedication, if you keep practicing consistently you will definitely improve and maybe in next long challenge you will be able to solve more questions. So don’t get demotivated and just keep trying. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Woah! Being 2 less than 1800 hurts way more than being 36 under 1800. Hopefully I will.
Damn, I saw your rank. Congratulations! Rank 4 is epic.

1 Like

definitely. Though the problems were quite easy (first 4 at least), evidence shows that there have been a big boom in submissions during the last few hours when the contest was going to end…

FROM DISCUSSIONS IN DISCORD AND WHATSAPP GROUPS, TO SHARING SOLUTIONS ON YOUTUBE BEFORE THE CONTEST ENDED, THERE HAS BEEN A MONSTROUS NUMBER OF CASES OF CHEATING

ufff…that must’ve hurt

@galencolin totally unrelated, but when will you teach HLD?

Sorry, I know, I’ve been thinking about it for a while. I’ve been caught up with maintaining a website for a school competition and it’s absolutely draining my time.

3 Likes

Just like any examination you give you can’t go in with a predetermined mindset about the difficulty of the paper/contest. You adapt based on the difficulty level of questions. You should drop the notion that since you could do 1-2 problems last time you can at max. do 3 problems this time. Keep trying the problems and keep trying to better your rank as compared to last contest. Also having friends of similar level to compare your progress in the contest helps.

1 Like

It’s actually super quickly if you leave a contest in starting 20%.
The point of submission is this time first 5 question were to easy and also due to lock down number of participants in div 2 are around 28K, where as in march there were only 15K total participants, and also march challenge was slightly on tougher side. So definitely the number of submissions is going to increase for JUNE challenge.
So for this rating only you were responsible, So stop blaming someone else of things which you were responsible more.

Actually @galencolin buddy the most important thing here is ( I Read many threads like long is waste , they cheat blah blah ) … we focus more on others than ourself … as i already said if somebody think that this long is so easy or unbalanced ( then they give suggestions to CC) , I agree but they said the long contest is waste …and they solve only 5 questions why?
If u think that this contest is super easy then solve all (div1 + div2 ) u will achieve high rating (may be next star ).
Let me ask u @akhila160 how many questions u solved in last 10 days (over all platforms) hardly 20 ? so don’t post all these …Yeah u can give suggestions that CC please make contest more balanced which i think we all supports …
I also make questions for CC but still waiting for accept…Let’s hope my question will be selected for some next contest :slight_smile: