Didn't get laddus for March Long Challenge for the new prizes

I was fastest to solve the problem CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone of March Long Challenge .

In the new prizes category, one of the prizes said -

First one to solve each of the problems individually: In each rated contest, the first person to solve each problem (100%) will get 100 Laddus

The laddus of this contest have been given but I didn’t receive the laddus for the new prize.

@admin please see.

2 Likes

I think the quote you copied from the new laddus system means, that if you get 900 point (tie-breaker isn’t counted) as first, then you get the 100 laddus, not for each problems 100 laddus.

BTW, I saw a very dreaded line at codechef’s facebook page today-

#DoYouKnow 5 lucky participants (outside the winners) will be given 200 Laddus each from our #APRIL17? So, what are you waiting for, join in the contest now. #CodeChef

In case someone missed where I am pointing at-

given 200 Laddus each from our #APRIL17?

Can admin or anyone confirm regarding if those new laddus were given from MARCH contests or AFTER March contests?

Just making sure- How do you know the laddus are already distributed? asking cause I really don’t know about that. :slight_smile:

I asked my friends.

1 Like

No dear, that’s not the case. Else…who would be able to solve ALL 9 problems first? XD

You don’t have to solve all of them first individually. You have to be the first, who reaches 900 points. So you can solve all 9 problems as 10th individually, if noone else has solved all of them together before you, then you get the laddus. But as I stated at the beginning, it’s only my understanding of the text, maybe I’m wrong.

I see your PoV. From the quoted content, yes we can derive that. But if I remember correctly, admin has himself confirmed that “100 laddu to every coder who solves a particular problem first.” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Apologies. There is a slight delay in disbursing Laddus for some of the categories. It’ll be done soon.

3 Likes

Sorry, that wasn’t the intention of that line. Will be modified.
The new Laddu categories are implemented from MARCH17.

Thank you for the clarification. That line got me confused :slight_smile:

Thanks @admin

It has been given now.