Do I need to byheart/understand some basic Algorithms to build my intuition?

Eg: Do I need to understand Algorithms like kanade, next mutation, etc by looking at solution? Or you can up with solution on your own?
These algorithms look out of my level to solve completely on my own currently. So was thinking if it’s possible to build logic by looking at solution and understanding for those. Are there more such basic Algorithms that I should know about?
Thank you

No need to learn algorithms first . Learn while solving problems, no one comes up with a solution automatically . Practice is the only key . When you keep on practising problems and seeing editorials /solutions you will get used to this algorithm easily . Your brain will automatically start to work .

#Use youtube to learn anything fast if you are not able to understand others code/algorithm

I wrote this post few months back --TIPS for begginers

#TIP 1: OBSERVATION , OBSERVATION , OBSERVATION …JUST TRY TO OBSERVE THE PATTERN ,IN CONTEST MOST OF THE QUESTIONS first second third and fourth are based on observation [No data structure and algorithm ,only arrays and strings ]

#TIP 1’ -USE BIG NOTEBOOK(BLANK A4 size notebook ) AND A PEN ->First implement things on notebook.write few test cases and observe the pattern.

#SPEED +ACCURACTE CODE+LEARNING :To imrove speed and accuracy keep solving codeforces problem set …You will notice a box on the right side just select a difficultly level like 1200-1300…or Codeforces A B C which is just above yours now .They donot requre any data structure .Set it in decreaseing order of submisioon …Keep solving it after that your speed and accuracy will imrove.and you will see the majic within 1 month. YOU ONLY REQUIRE BINARY SEARCH ,ARRAY ,2POINTER METHOD,SLIDING WINDOW ,XOR ,MAPS,questions are based on arrays…to imrove rating especilly if you wnt to come in div 2.These problem set A B C contain these only.

#TUTORIAL ON XOR /BIWISE : - YouTube
THIS WILL Remove all FEAR FROM XOR/Biwise PROBLEMS IF YOU HAVE…Learn the properties of XOR…

#Learn Unordered map ,It helps a lot during contest in keeping track of frequency ,sometimes direct questions come on it …

#ALways upsolve the questions after contest.
#USE YOUTUBE :Youtube has eveything ,search codeforces .codechef problems solution on youtube .Especially codeforces has almost all the solution of Problems on youtube.If you donot understand the editorial diretly serach the problem on youtube.

->After seeing and undertanding the solution :implemnet the solution by your own without seeing it again .Never say that aree yarr samjh to gaya solution dekh liye ab aage jatein hain … Break the mental barrier by writing solution code by your own after seeing the editorial /solution .

#THINGS YOU SHOULD NEVER DO --------------

#Never leave #short contest on codechef.Cahe jo ho jaye.Excuses sounds best for the person who is making them up.Your mind will play mind games that you are not prepared for the contest.Donot listein to your mind just give the short contest codechef.

#Never try to memorize the solution .

#Never Cheat – #Never Cheat – #Never Cheat-- #Never Cheat-- #Never Cheat – #Never Cheat----

Thank you really helpful

1 Like

Hey!
Hope you are doing well :smiley:
Just wanted to inform I got promoted to 3* star yesterday.
Thx a lot for the contest question pattern!!
Now I’ll try to maintain 3* n work towards 4*.