EXPLANATION OF A CODEFORCES PROBLEM STRING COLORING

That’s the thing. This was very direct for me, but I couldn’t even think about graphs until someone told me about it. It works differently for everyone, not everyone is cut out the same way. The point is, you might be relating to something better / faster than someone else, but that alone doesn’t allow you to call them undeserving.

5 Likes

i dont say someone is good or not…i just say that codechef rating system is weak ,…thats it

Rating is volatile. Some people may have just had a lucky contest, so that’s why they got a higher rating. Or maybe they are better at long challenges, where you get 10 days to solve problems, instead of just 2 hours on codeforces.

Even theoretically, rating is imperfect. One number cannot represent all the different levels of skills one has for every topic in CP.

11 Likes

u dont know sir…indians have so many tricks

telegram groups
whatsapp grooups
youtube
coaching centres
tutors of online courses
doubt resolving sessions

2 Likes

@hari_2666 Hi buddy , i am a 4* coder and i still browse geeksforgeeks to use c++ stl . :slight_smile:

4 Likes

hi bro
its alright broo…we dont need to know syntax …we can google…
but suggestion is judge ur performance based on codeforces rating …then it will help u to work more and learn more

2 Likes

Yes , you are right but don’t be delusional about codechef ratings :slight_smile:

DONT FORGET STACK OVERFLOW,math stack exchange :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yaa i solved both the parts using greedy.
part 1 here
part 2 here.
Graph does not seems obivious…

3 Likes

Everyone has different prospective towards everything.
If codeforces ratings work for u rely on that but my point is why u judge people …
people who use whatsapp and telegram group are here to make ratings and impress others but we should not divert from our reality…
I have worked miles for that and is one of biggest satisfaction…
Still million miles to go…
work in progress…
One solution that is obivious for one may not be for other…

2 Likes

Thanks for the vedio editorial as well

1 Like

Yeah graph one was not obvious to me also.
I too solved it greedily bruteforce way.

E1 Submission
E2 Submission

2 Likes

Bro look at this thread he gets hammered everywhere and keep barking that codechef ratings are easy.
LOL he is a 3* after 15 to 20 challenges…
thread-here

1 Like

atleast i am not a cheater like u
i criticized codechef…but never cheated like u :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

what is the use of getting so many stars like u by cheating???

u are in div1…thats great…but u should have chosen the right path
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

atleast i am not a cheater like u
i criticized codechef…but never cheated like u :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

LOL he is a 3* after 15 to 20 challenges…

what is the use of getting so many stars like u by cheating???

u are in div1…thats great…but u should have chosen the right path
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

if u really had that respect for codechef…u would have never even thought of cheating

no…cheating is enough for people like u :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

can someone please explain how bipartite graph is applied here and make this thread end healthy.

Explanation here Codeforces Round #617 (Div. 3) + Explanations - YouTube (44:48)

Bro, I read all the messages just now . There are many types of people. :joy:

yes i wondered the same. coming here from cpalgorithms site referring this problem as practice for bipartite graph concept