Extremely weak test cases in JULY 16 CHEFTET

This guy is new on codechef . You guys could have told him this without the downvotes. I dont think this is a good way to welcome somone to the community.

2 Likes

Lol . That was not discussion bro . He was highly ecstatic when his solution of CHEFTET was accepted within 10 mins of solving the 2nd question , and he told me the approach , and said how dumb the question was and unnecessarily the language was made hard . I had seen the question the previous day and had another approach in mind , and that is why when he told me the approach , I figured out several test cases where that solution is bound to fail :slight_smile: And now he is mad at me xD

2 Likes

Well, yeah, the cases are really weak. A two line solution of mine passed.

After 3 days of this post Codechef should have done something, but still I cannot see any changes in the problem statement or rejudgement of solutions.

1 Like

@admin assured us that he will look into the matter . I doubt the cases will be changed now .

Hahahhaa :stuck_out_tongue: You donā€™t have to wait too long . 5 more days to go xD

For partial points , the test cases may be weak . OK , many will be fine with it , but for 100 ??? Are you kidding me? -_-

My solution assumes we have to use all elements of b and passes.

1 Like

So, can we use elements of b multiple times?

thanks rajan for informationā€¦
but why not codechef clear this according to question B will fall on A in this scenerio one element of B can fall on unique element of
A so that element of B canā€™t be reusedā€¦
such type of information less question kills time this is really irritatingā€¦

So , is your roommatesā€™s solution still accepted ? :stuck_out_tongue:

no ā€¦ not yet :stuck_out_tongue:

no u need to use each element only onceā€¦some subtasks failed because of that

no all B elements must fallā€¦ that is why i got wrong too

by telling the complexity, you kinda revealed the entire algorithm :stuck_out_tongue:

if(sum % n == 0 && (sum/n == a[0] || sum/n == a[0] + b[0] || sum/n == a[0] + b[1] || sum/n == a[0] + b[0] +b[1])) printf("%lld\n",sum/n);
else printf("-1\n");

^these were those 2 lines, which got 100. :stuck_out_tongue:

https://www.codechef.com/viewsolution/10754867

This was the 2 lines of code of my roommate giving 100 :stuck_out_tongue: