[FOR THE LAST TIME]Fully solved Problems showing up in Partially Solved List

Many people have shed light on this bug, some of the threads on this topic are more than an year old, while some are deleted.
Does it really take that long to fix?
Is this ever going to be fixed?
Are you guys even working on it?

As I’m typing this in “Create new topic”, I can already see many threads in “Your topic is similar to” section. If this topic already exists, why don’t you guys work on it.

5 Likes

while some are deleted.

What? Can you give an example on whose thread was deleted?

If this topic already exists, why don’t you guys work on it.

This is a bit irritating. Yes, there is a bug there, but you all making 1 topic each week on it is not going to help fixing the bug. The devs do not have any incentive to not fix it, and no they are not lazy. If you would have ever had a chance to work with an integrated codebase, you’d realize that such fixes are different from fixing bug in your code.

If the topic exists, and is not closed, please bump those topics. I do not see the whats the use of creating a new topic and describing the bug as if entire coding experience is being hampered by this.

4 Likes

Change the way you look at things, the things you look at change…
Its not that big of a bug anyway. Not like ur score is hidden from you.

2 Likes

I didn’t say it was deleted by Codechef, I just said, there were more threads than there are now, because some of them were deleted, I had the link to one of such threads, which now redirects to the feed (discuss.codechef.com).
My point is, this problem is quite old, and should have been fixed by now, I don’t intend to create new threads every week. If this is ruining the “coding experience” feel free to delete this thread though.

How about fixing your problems rather than making suggestions.
Here’s a simple thing, if I owned a shop, and I received multiple complaints from customers about a problem, for months, I’d work on it…not get irritated by customer complaints.
[btw, I’ve seen this several times…your and admin’s replies aren’t that polite, I’m not saying they’re rude, but they aren’t polite either]

4 Likes

It’s not for me, it’s for the visitor…

2 Likes

if I owned a shop

is this a shop? You should not give invalid examples.

If the problem is quite old and yet not fixed that simply means they are working on something much more important than this and not that they are not working.

Again, these are my just views

4 Likes

My point is, this problem is quite old, and should have been fixed by now, I don’t intend to create new threads every week.

This is essentially “Fix my bug else I am gonna annoy you every week. NO MATTER IF YOU HAVE OTHER IMPORTANT STUFF/BUGS WHICH NEEDS MORE ATTENTION, MY BUG MUST BE FIXED.”

And if thats the case, we cannot care less about it. Once a bug is reported, it will be fixed. You cannot simply pressure the devs to fix one thing just because its annoying you. They have the entire list of things to work on and they decide the priority and course of action. End of Discussion.

How about fixing your problems rather than making suggestions.

How about not spamming the discuss forum while making suggestion? Or is it a bit too hard for you to grasp ? :slight_smile:

Here’s a simple thing, if I owned a shop, and I received multiple complaints from customers about a problem, for months, I’d work on it…not get irritated by customer complaints.

This is just flawed in so many ways. Say some customer comes and says she doesnt like the location of your shop and the traffic around it. Will you relocate?

[btw, I’ve seen this several times…your and admin’s replies aren’t that polite, I’m not saying they’re rude, but they aren’t polite either]

We are not bound to bootlick you or any other person. When the person in question shows basic human decency, we reciprocate.

4 Likes

Lol, you still want to be a keyboard warrior and keep replying, seriously??
“We’re working on it, it’ll be fixed soon…” would’ve worked.
First of all, there’s a problem at your side, and you guys don’t have the courtesy to say sorry. Instead you want to argue, by replying, you are kind of proving my point.

2 Likes

“We’re working on it, it’ll be fixed soon…” would’ve worked.

If “We are working on it” would fix the stuff, then can you care to explain whats the point of this thread?

We do not need to release a statement of “Working on it” for every bug or issue.

you guys don’t have the courtesy to say sorry.

We gave official reply already. Beyond that, your thread is just spam.

Instead you want to argue, by replying, you are kind of proving my point.

So if the intention of your thread was not to get a reply from admins, then WHAT was it?

I think you are right in one thing, that your thread is a complete waste of time for admins and doesnt deserve the attention it got.

2 Likes

I just don’t understand, why this is such a big issue. Who the fuck even cares about how many problems has someone partially/fully solved.
Besides, shitty posts like these is a major contributor to the huge difference in the quality of the codechef and codeforces discussion forum.

6 Likes

I just wanted to report the bug, and I’m done with it.
It looks like you still want to argue, but I don’t have the time/energy for that anymore.

I’m sorry if that helps, stop replying now.

1 Like

hey sorry to disturbed but ineed your help #i_64

1 Like

I think the problem is resolved now. Try to submit a new practice problem, and it’s not moving into partially solved section.

Thanks for bringing attention to this again. I am having the same annoying issue.

Sorry to say this but,
Your arguments are shit. @i_64
All people are making sense except you.

Exactly. That’s common sense.

I think they are in a better position to decide this.
How are you aware about how much work devs at codechef have ?

As if you deserve it.

You are the only one who wanted to argue here. He was just replying to your comments.

5 Likes

I totally agree with you @l_returns. But, please don’t start a fight again, it would be best to close this thread as there are few other threads discussing the same problem. Maybe we should have a single thread discussing this rather than having multiple threads discussing the same problem. @i_64, don’t make a new thread which discusses the topics of existing threads.

2 Likes

As long as the development team has identified the issue, I feel secure that it will be rectified eventually. Hopefully, the problems will be moved to fully solved automatically on my profile, and the pie chart will change to reflect that as well. Because now, it registers full solutions as partial (yellow).

1 Like

I agree with you. Sorry.
I read date of these comments are reading this thread.
I thought it is a new thread. But then realized someone just bumped this thread.
I couldn’t stop myself after reading whole thread.

What if there was a feature, where the admins had the ability of merging 2 similar threads?

• there would be one unified thread
  • when another similar thread is created, a rank would be assigned to the roots of both the threads
  • the thread root with the higher rank would be the new root and the other thread would simply be appended as a new tree of replies
  • the tags and categories of the new thread would be simply inserted into the set of tags and categories of the main thread

In case the admins are too busy, maybe a new option could be added to the list of reasons for flagging a post. There would also be a field where we could enter the link to the thread which we find too similar. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

AFAIK we have the feature of merging threads. Its more like appending an a thread to another. Never felt a huge need to use it since repeated threads were not very much.

1 Like