Help! I can't access my account

I created an account some time back but was not active on the site. Now I am unable to access my old account as I don’t remember my username or password. I had to create a new mail id to create a new account and want to delete my old account. I have not participated in any competitions or challenges to this date from either of my accounts. The only detail of my older account I remember is my email id.

2 Likes

forgot password it will came with an link to email id.

1 Like

Thanks for reply, but I don’t remember my username so i can’t do even that. Is there a way to access the account through other means apart from username.

1 Like

check your email. codechef must have send some mail to you in the past. you might find the username there. or send an email to codechef from your email.
Or just make a new account.

2 Likes

Thanks, recovered my old account and deleted it.

thanks

When you register on website, codechef sends an email regarding some important bookmarks. Search “Get started with CodeChef” in your mail and you would see an email with Hi <your_username>.

There you have it, your forgotten username.

1 Like

Hi,

While creating a new account with my primary mail it is showing that email is already taken, but I did not register earlier also searched for any mail if I had registered in the past to retrieve the username but no mail found.

Hi,

I had the same issue and I did not find my username in mail also. But I was able to recover my username by following steps

1.New Registration
2.Try to register with Mail id using ‘Social Login’. Use the email id of already existing account.
3.Site will show error message that the mail id is already registered and the error message also contains the username.
4.Use this Username to recover password