HELP ME PLEASE

i am first year student … i dont know weather it is right platform to discuss my problem or not but i am consistenly facing issue to solve prlbm of codchef my rating always fluctuate i been solving question since 8 month but it still i merly able to solve 2 question of long challenge or 1 i am started getting depressed cause i also studied little bit ds and algo but still i dont find it much use i dont know how to improve myself i am trying my best to solve question but still i wont suceed to do so pls help me

1 Like

i also studied little bit ds and algo but still i dont find it much use

CodeChef has very concept-heavy problems most of the time, so learning ds and algo is very important. What do you think is the reason for not being able to solve problems? The statements? Not knowing the algorithms? These problems don’t usually require observations, so learning a bunch of algorithms will be crucial. Are you trying the DSA learning series? It’s a good overview of basic algorithms with problems of various difficulty.

1 Like

yaa i did 5-6 question in dsa learing series but after that i am Not able to do after 8-9 attempt spending my whole knowlege i go for quesion discussion then i am able to do so… but please suggest me any book or some way to get concept for various algorithm pls help me 8 month i spended but i think i am not able to improve myself till yet

1 Like

Try looking up “free algorithms book”

thank u so much…
how much tym u spended in codechef to get 6 star?

Maybe a year and a half, but I practice on codeforces instead of codechef

To note, I didn’t care about my performance on this site until I got this close to red, and only got back into it recently after a year

1 Like