Help needed in Probability problem (CP in 7 days)

I am getting WA for this problem. Its a pretty straight forward problem of counting total subarrays with sum <= K.
Here is my solution.
P.S- I used this precision function, as setprecision(8) was not giving me only 1 AC in first subtask.
Can anyone provide some counter test cases.

Edit- I just printed the result without precision and got AC. Why was it giving wrong answer when I used setprecision, which I think should give correct decimal places.

1 Like

@ssjgz can you please help as to why does it give AC without using precision and WA using setprecision. AC submission

check this you should found your mistakes :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for this. I have already got AC. It’s just that, I get WA when I use setprecision(8) and AC when I just print the result. The problem exclusively says

Output one number P to a maximum of 8 decimal places,

So, I think using setprecision should give correct answer.

1 Like

They asked “Output one number P to a maximum of 8 decimal places”. Not exactly 8.

1 Like

The thing is that what answer has the problem setter uploaded . Many a times in question involoving decimal digits you will see error approximation that is for precision . May be the setter for this problem didn’t mentioned any Error range so you had to give exact answer as the setter , and since setter would have usey only double without precision so it was giving WA.

3 Likes

It would be much easier if the actual count was asked instead of probability. It just makes us spend time on useless things.

1 Like

True… there was no checker involved (at least I believe so). So, you got a WA.

1 Like

Yesss