How do I delete a CodeChef account?

I have unknowingly created multiple accounts on CodeChef, but since it is against the Code of Conduct, I wish to delete all accounts except one. How do I do that?

7 Likes

You can delete your CodeChef accounts permanently. However, if you do so, your entire data related to the account will be erased forever. Kindly be sure before doing so, as the process cannot be reversed.

Please follow the below steps to permanently delete your account:

Step 1: Login to CodeChef account.

Step 2: Go to Edit Profile section.

Step 3: Click on Privacy tab in the left bar.

Step 4: Kindly take a look at the Privacy policy before proceeding.

Step 5: Scroll to the bottom and click “I don’t want to continue with CodeChef”.

Thereafter, you can follow the instructions on the screen. Please remember that account deletion is not reversible and you will not be able to recover your data once your account has been deleted.

9 Likes

I don’t know which are/is the other account linked with my email address. Is it possible to get that information before taking any action?

5 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

I have some problem for deleting this account which is not verified by email .When I click on “I don’t wan’t to discontinue with codechef”, I get an error page saying
“403
Access denied! You don’t have permissions for this page.”
I tried this several months ago by mailing codechef team who guided me to do this which lead to same problem.
Is this because I didn’t verify my email ?
So, should I verify my email to delete the account or there is no need to delete as I haven’t verified my email?
I didn’t even solve a single problem using that account , and have used account which is currently used to comment this issue.
@admin can you please tell me what should be the next step. I don’t wan’t to lose my current account used for my competetive programming progress.
Below is the screenshot of the Access denied page.

1 Like

Your email was replied to right then. Yes, you should verify before deleting.

Can’t find edit profile section :slightly_frowning_face:

You can find it here
codechef

Can we re-register with the same username and email after the account deletion.If yes,how much time will it take for the changes to settle in and we use the account again.
Thanks

2 Likes

You cant claim a deleted username.

4 Likes