How is it fair for indians to conduct icpc on diwali?

Can someone tell me the selection criteria for ICPC regionals for this year?

Which contest site do i have to select ?

U should definitely try Kanpur Regionals on 31st Dec this time
Also, I think it’d be best diwali ever, cause we’d explode our happiness on crackers, if we qualify

1 Like

Wow are kanpur regionals better ?
I can say my regional was decent ( I had no complaints with it). It was not extra ordinary but decent. I was at Pune regional.
Now one of the regional I wanna apply is amritapuri but it comes with lot of risks so will have to apply for one more regional.
Is kanpur good ?
I remember there were many complaints about some regional on discuss. But don’t remember which one.

No Idea about Kanpur, just wanted to say u can enjoy new year after regionals if u select Kanpur :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yes , kanpur regionals is the best . I was selected for it in my second year . Anyways , amritapuri made my dreams shattered last year :joy::joy:

Gaurav Balidan dena padega. The nature demands sacrifice . Best of luck :slight_smile:

1 Like

@aryanc403 Don’t be greedy.

Who asked you to sacrifice Diwali. Just leave ICPC. People want easy wins.

People do have a personal life. Just think of others as well.
And about those people who want easy wins. People need to earn it.

6 Likes

images%20(1)

1 Like

Loved your comments, you are always an inspiration for me. Thanks :slight_smile:

Only issue we have is sound of crackers. Diwali is nice, but ICPC is more important.

1 Like

Will be hard to find a place having some coding environment… College won’t just allow to use labs on holiday, specifically Diwali

1 Like

I agree ICPC is a festival.

3 Likes

The complains were regarding the Kolkata campus. Kanpur’s hospitality was really good.

1 Like

Is we can participate in any regional or they specified city wise ?

1 Like

Okay Cool. Thanks. \hspace{0mm}

What is the expected cutoff for amritapuri onsite?

1 Like

Kanpur region is also decent one because I was there last year, and complaints you heard on discuss is regarding Kolkata region because accommodation is not that good.

1 Like

This is just insane ! Diwali is a national holiday, how can they schedule on that day?

1 Like

“ONLINE CONTEST DATE IS ONLY TENTATIVE.”
https://icpc.baylor.edu/regionals/finder/Asia-Amritapuri-First-Round-2019

6 Likes