How many questions needed to solved in IB Academy Test to get selected?

Just had my test and solved all 5/5 questions but had WA in two questions for their first submission and had around 1 hour 10 mins remaining when the test finished. Do WAs and time taken for submission taken into account for selection?

@sorb1997 You will easily get selected since my friend got selected at 4/5 for July batch.I also tried but unfortunately could only do 2/5 btw can you please tell how did you solve the min max question where we had to eliminate the minimum and maximum for finding maximum distinct.Just to be clear i have already submitted my test 1.5 hours ago.

1 Like

The test is yet to finish (10 PM End time) and is scheduled for tomorrow as well. Given that discuss in past has been used for plagiarism, I don’t think it would be alright for me to share the approach now. Would be more than happy to share once the contest gets over.

1 Like

@sorb1997 Sure i would ask again on monday mentioning you in the question.Thanks for the reply anyway.

1 Like

Wow. I solved 5/5 questions with 30 minutes remaining. I got two WA’s in the first question since I didn’t read that ‘[x/y]’ will take up extra spaces. And the 4th question where we had to count distinct del(x, y), I made a silly mistake of not initialising a variable.
Also, after I ppressed ctrl + c twice in the input box for the expected output, I got a warning message saying something like ‘2 forbidden moves detected. You might be disqualified on the 5th forbidden move’. I also mistakenly pressed esc button in the starting of the test, which took me back to the home page. So I had to open the page using the link given in the test again. Even though it took me less than 10 seconds, I think the last two events might be a big deciding factor.

1 Like

I accidentally once almost closed the lid of my laptop. Actually I didn’t have a table around and was solving problems sitting on bed, and needed to write something on paper, so I was about to close the lid, in order to keep the paper on the lid :sweat_smile:. Just then I remembered that web cam is on, thankfully I didn’t get any warning pop-ups, just hoping this doesn’t lead to disqualification. I could have solved earlier but it took me embarrassingly long time to figure out the 2nd problem (more than others) and for the 4th problem I didn’t realise that answer has to be printed Modulo 10^{9} + 7 for quite a while, this led to a WA. :joy:

Oh the webcam. I totally forgot about that. I was on the sofa when I realised I only have 10% battery left. So I had to run to get my charger(this was before I solved the first question). And the other time my mom came in to check on me. If they have a face detection algorithm to track how long you were gone, it’s ok. If they are just taking screenshots at fixed intervals of time, I might be screwed.

1 Like