How to improve in competitive programming?

Thankyou so much bro :slight_smile:
“No matter what stars you’ve,always have the learning attitude like that of a beginner” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Luckily u had not posted this on codeforces, or it would have brought u a handsome number of downvotes or dislikes for such kind of humour . :smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Luckily I know what things to say at which place​:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

That contest was not that hard.
That good ranges question was really easy one if one solves on copy and pen. I mean it didn’t even require STL, though I solved with pbds as well :stuck_out_tongue:
And other one was not that tough. I find Long Easy-Medium and above question of codechef way more tougher than that.

1 Like

To answer question on way to improvement. I have found only one way that is practice, my ratings though lower than you, But I have spent my fair share in competitive programming. I have touched almost every colour of on codeforces on my way to 22 points less than div1 (still trying :stuck_out_tongue:) and have gone to 1 star and also been 5 stars on codechef. In my last year, only thing that helped me is practice. Always try questions which you cannot solve in contest. For example when I am unable to solve div2D or div2E I learn them and solve them. Same goes for codechef. I fail many times on Easy-Medium and Medium (so ofcourse I fail on tougher ones). So I have only one goal to solve them as much as possible that these questions become like regular questions to me. Hope I will reach heights in competitive programming as well one day.

Good Luck to everyone else as well. High ratings everyone.

6 Likes

Thankyou :slight_smile: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

do you get the mail??..I don’t think that anyone after 2019 batch will get the mail

1 Like

I think that 2nd question was simpler than 1st one…I solve 2nd one in 5 mins and take 20 mins in the 1st one to get corner cases

1 Like

Dude i solved 2nd in less than 5 min. But could not solve 1st. I kept getting seg fault when using set. So saying that it’s easy to get 1st but not 2nd is wrong. xD (And yeah a super-noob here :stuck_out_tongue:).

1 Like