How to increase rating on codechef

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

11 Likes

Steps 2 - 4 are the reason why medium problems in div 2 are getting so many AC submissions, look at the past long challenges nowhere close to these numbers

PS: When finally in div 1 ask for the tutorials/resources for the topic whose question you solved in the previous long challenge

1 Like

I can empathize, but only a bit.

The way I look at it - these contests are for yourself, not for others.
Long contests help improve skill, learn a new concept in more detail etc.

Cheating is an unfortunate reality. By the way, I am told that people cheat from college hostels too… especially in short contests.

2 Likes

Yup, that’s unfortunate. But those people don’t realize that they are just fooling themselves. How can one feel proud of their rating if it has come by cheating!

5 Likes

Why flagged?..

1 Like

If improving rating is the only show-off you can come-up with {by doing so-called beggings and plagiarism}, then you should change your mind or QUIT!. This is not a platform for you with that mind.

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Everyone solves all the problems by themselves during the contest time unless they want to do plagiarism.

P.S : If you want to learn, change your mind and do all problems by yourself during the contest. Else, no-body cares. Your performance remains the same even after 2 years if you copy. You are the only person who can judge yourself on your performance.

There is nice set of editorials which comes up after the contest which will help you to learn and grow in case you couldn’t solve the problem.

11 Likes

Steps 2 - 4 are the reason why medium problems in div 2 are getting so many AC submissions, look at the past long challenges nowhere close to these numbers

That’s not the reason
The tasks are easier than usual
I’ve solved 6 + one partially which is unusual for me
If you check I solved only 2 in the last long challenge

1 Like

You know,

Only people who are fools and want to prove it, cheat. How will you benefit from cheating?
Rating increased?
Laddus won? (though laddus are underrated now)
Got new items to show off?

Well, if you think that is the case, no. No person will give you any hint or solution if they are taking part in the contest. And in these groups, 80% of them do.

Why won't anyone give an hint or a solution

This is because there is something called MOSS. These are conducted after the contests and check whether any 2 solutions match or not. So you so called RATING will DROP by 500PTS.

So, ya have fun when you cheat, but don’t blame the Codechef Community when you get plagiarized and your rating drops or you get banned for good.

This I am saying as you well-wisher and not a random person from the community.

7 Likes

So wait. This post isn’t sarcasm?

4 Likes

Ouch - a one thousand year suspension XD

6 Likes

by seeing his replies, i am afraid not

2 Likes

I think this week are normal. Instead, I found problems of the last long challenge harder than usual.

5 Likes

Brother learn how to code rather than posting about ratings and all no-one is gonna ask you anywhere in professional world what is your rating and so on and also if you show your high ratings then more typical and difficult questions will be asked , so learn as much as you can practice as much as you can rather than focusing on ratings…

6 Likes

No, this month is tougher than the last month.

1 Like

Last Long Challenge was very mathematics intensive , and i too found it tough… probably because i suck at maths😅

3 Likes

Actually I love math and related problems as well. However, loving it is not enough to solve them :sweat_smile:
Last month was my first experience in div1. I have been able to solve LAPD only.

3 Likes

here are some good response which helped me