How to manage IOI and/or other things like IMO,JEE alongside school

what is a tier-3 college?

Basically it’s ranking of colleges… tier-1 are best ones, tier-2 are little below them, and tier-3 are little below tier-2.

Tier 3 colleges are even worst than schools . The environment here is just so toxic and everyone here feels like zombies . The professors here all they will teach you is to mug up the outdated syllabus and vomit it in the exam . You will rarely find people passionate enough like you . Coding culture is almost absent here.
The best way IMO to deal with colleges like this is just to ignore everything else and find 1-2 passionate people like you and do what you gotta do .

4 Likes

Believe me, If I did not have to do all those useless homework and projects, then I would’ve been far better at programming now.

3 Likes

I don’t think blaming schools and colleges is going to help as of now… because no one has any idea of competitive programming in School, its relatively a very new field for Indian School Students, they/institutions will take some time to get used to it. Not anyone’s fault really. :slight_smile:

No bro, I don’t regret a bit for starting coding in 2nd year.(in 3rd year now…)… I am happy that I had fun in childhood and did not bang my head with these problems :stuck_out_tongue:
Life is not all about coding … Fun , enjoyment and other kiddish things we do when we are kids is also necessary ! I am glad I did not take the un-necessary burden :stuck_out_tongue:

Though I believe interested people should start coding in childhood only :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I can fell you bro . :sob:

That’s true bro!

20char

1 Like

I am such a guy
I do not believe in schools.

True bro
Well said
I also do not believe in ICSE scores

1 Like
  1. Coding is fun, and I’m sure it’s not a burden for those who start coding in school.
  2. You make it sound like school students who code don’t have fun in their lives, though I don’t know where you get that from.
  3. Your point doesn’t make any sense to me. You seem to be saying "If you study for JEE or school exams, you will have a lot of fun in your “childhood”, but if you code, you will be totally stressed out and burdened and you can’t have “fun, enjoyment and other kiddish things we do when we are kids”.
5 Likes

I have said say “x” thing, you are adding “y” and “z” things of your own and telling that I said those, meant those . Very Good. Keep up. @the_extractor

I have just added the JEE part, because you clearly seem to say that coding takes away the fun from school students’ lives.

1 Like

Read the chapter ‘the interview’ in CBSE English textbook, they have a solution for you :wink:

2 Likes