I am very confused that how should I prepare for IOI along with the school studies and homework. I am studying in ICSE board school due to which it gives me concern. So please help me regarding this.
Sleep less. Work more. No other option (unless you can manage to do school stuff quickly).
No gain without pain!
Yes now I too think, I have no other option except for working day and nights.
Thanks for the Motivation!
Unfortunately, we need to succeed DESPITE our schools and not because of them.
I’m a 12th class guy, preparing for IOI, board exams and the engineering entrance exams. Worst part, I started my prep in September start, so I have very less time.
The ONLY way out is to temporarily compromise on your sleep hours and utilize that time for studies/coding practice. (Make sure you are not killing time on your phone for the next few months; and take care of your health). I’m doing 5 hours of sleep daily as of now, which will decrease even further as January approaches. Also, for the coming months, try to minimize friends/family outings.
You may even want to skip school. You school probably has a minimum attendance criteria. Fulfill only that. Nothing more. School is actually quite inefficient; get into the habit of self-learning.
Just make sure you’re utilizing your time. Good Luck!
Total waste of time and energy. School is a place where mediocre minds are trained to embrace mediocrity.
I want to know how many other people think school is time waste
Some really really bad things about school:
- More than half the subjects are useless. Only useful subjects - Math, Science, English (upto class VI)
- Math and Science upto class X can be learned in one year max. Upto class XII in 2 years max.
- Homework - criminal waste of time. It allows those monsters to ensure that your time at home is also wasted away.
- You are forced to appease egos.
- You expose yourself to bad company.
Advantage of school
- You get to meet all sorts of people, including some assholes. So you learn to deal with assholes.
- You get exposed to a wide variety of germs and it builds up immunity.
Back when I was in High school(grade 11, 12) attendance wasn’t mandatory for lectures, so we wouldn’t go unless we had exams.
I did not even know what is coding when I was in 10th-11th. FML .
Same here…i wish i could go back in time and start coding early
Hah man same here I wish i knew.
Yes! This school is just a hell in India! Now schools are becoming more and more business least education even if its a ICSE school it doesn’t matter. I agree completely with you Bro!
Thanks for replying!
Refer this link of Sameer Gulati::–> Link. It will help for sure!!
Thanks Man it was really a motivating blog.
Thanks a lot
“Homework - criminal waste of time. It allows those monsters to ensure that your time at home is also wasted away” This is so damn true! and as you said many of the subjects are worth nothing like History, I hated it from my bottom of my heart.
Ok so, in class 9, I had the same thing. I was in ICSE board, went to FIITJEE for JEE, and wanted to do imo and ioi.
- Fiitjee covered the science portion, and I just studied the theory portion for 2 days before any exam.
- English is tough. I used to go to an english tuition. (It was an epic ttn. so english didnt require too much effort from my side). But still. keep in touch with merchant of venice atleast. the other books can be done before exam.
- do zco/inoi and rmo/inmo prep on alternate days. For say. 3 hours. This should be enough. I assume you are a social person like me, and thinking about problems in class/while in school is not an option.
So overall, each day you will have school. on weekends you have fiitjee. Leaving that, some time with your girlfriend/boyfriend if you have any, some time for fun, and such, you should have around 6 hours to study. so 3hrs, do solid olympiad prep. 1 hr you will procrastinate and daydream. and rest 2 hrs, study SST/english.
(I also had some other CS stuff that I was giving most of my time to. but I am not accounting for it here )
Result : cleared RMO/NSEJS/ZCO/INOI. (and some other this that exams)
Class 10 onwards i had a much differenet situation that I dont think will apply to you so omitting.
I too had these problems.