How to report cheating case(s) to Codechef related to ongoing contests?

Many times during Long Challenges , I get to see full-fledged solution(s) to Codechef problems on internet with 1000s of views.

I fear the number of people from those viewers is pretty high who are participating in the contest.

This damages the ranklist(especially for div-2) and creates demotivation for people who participate sincerely without cheating.

I would like to know (how to?)a way to report this to concerned Codechef’s admin so such posts can be taken down before it gets many views.

There are always no more than 3-4 such posts discussing solutions to a particular problem on internet, so it won’t be hard to take them down.

How other participants can help?
1)Report it to Codechef.
2)Flag that post if possible and mention it on the post that is from ongoing contest(if possible) ,so others refrain from answering it :slight_smile:

@vijju123
@l_returns

5 Likes

There is a flag option available on discuss for making people aware about it on the post. If you have trust level 3 then your flag will be more powerful and others can easily see that it’s flagged. Leave a reply saying that it’s from ongoing contest .
Codechef don’t have access over whole internet so they can’t moderate posts outside codechef.
You can either flag it if that option is available on respective websites or we can make a comment saying it’s from an ongoing contest or request moderator of that website to take it down.

@vijju123 is one of our moderators on discuss so you can always ping him in case it takes more time in reviewing flagged post by moderators.
Mention him :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile: .

2 Likes

Thankyou so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

OMG… Please delete this. Please don’t post direct links of other platforms here.

1 Like

Mail or PM these things… Posting this here is like an “ad”

3 Likes

Ohk I m really sorry for that can u please tell me your mail ID.

Hey Please delete that, even one can see the edits.

You can message me on CF
Handle : smit_mandavia
Also @vijju has his official email
If you want u can mail him…

1 Like

Everybody can enjoy the 2nd problem now :slight_smile: I hope this long does not become unrated :slight_smile:

Please DO something karan :slight_smile:

You can mail to @vijju123
vijju123official@gmail.com

5 Likes

No they don’t do that. Don’t worry

(post deleted by author)

3 Likes

This is a serious issue. Just for some money, people can’t just fool Codechef like this. Either put original problems or please stop conducting contests. Some serious action needs to be taken.
Lots of thoughts must be involved in selecting an admin for Long Challenges. And not just anyone.

2 Likes

seriously ??
i mean how much ques are related ?
coz then setters are in trouble

1 Like

let us get some experience of doing that
let us enjoy too :wink:
PM link XD

BTW i don’t believe you either.
How’s that possible !
5 different setters got it from same contest ? seriously ?
Or are they making plans in group ?

1 Like

would you tell us after contest for free :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

You should ask for 50% from all those setters :joy:
For not disclosing link.
Or are you already taking it :wink:

I would rather solve them then :stuck_out_tongue: only two remaining (out of 5)