There is a classroom which has M rows of benches in it. Also, N students will arrive one-by-one and take a seat.
Every student has a preferred row number(rows are numbered 1 to M and all rows have a maximum capacity K. Now, the students come one by one starting from 1 to N and follow these rules for seating arrangements:
- Every student will sit in his/her
preferred row(if the row is not
- If the preferred row is fully
occupied, the student will sit in the
next vacant row. (Next row for N will
- If all the seats are occupied, the
student will not be able to sit
Monk wants to know the total number of students who didn’t get to sit in their preferred row. (This includes the students that did not get a seat at all)
- First line contains 3 integers N, M and K. N - Number of students and M - Number of rows and K - maximum capacity of a row.
- Next line contains N space separated integers Ai. Ai - preferred row of ith student.
Output the total number of students who didn’t get to sit in their preferred row.
5 2 2
1 1 2 1 1
Student 4 and student 5 did not get their preferred seats.
PLEASE DON’T PROPOSE O(N*M) SOLUTION, I HAVE ALREADY DONE THAT BUT COULDN’T GOT AC.