How to start with Topcoder

I wanted to start participating in Topcoder SRMs, just like I do for Codeforces and Codechef. But Topcoder seems so weird and unfriendly. Participating in Codechef/Codeforces contests is sooo simple, but I don’t understand how to participate in Topcoder contests. Do I have to download an applet called ‘Arena’? What am I supposed to do? How to procced? How to know the contest dates? Please help me out. Thanks a lot Codechef community :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Have you looked at this guide for Topcoder SRM’s https://www.topcoder.com/member-onboarding/competing-in-an-algorithm-match-srm/

1 Like

It’s sad that due to new Codechef changes, this question is going unanswered :frowning: . Now, the homepage is filled with old, answered and irrelevant questions.

2 Likes

I hate new codechef changes, especially the homepage filled with old questions in the name of votes.If they are already answered then what’s the point of showing them on the homepage.

1 Like

Thanks a lot divyansh. This is pretty helpful :slight_smile:

Just one more thing. Is it just me or is the Topcoder page ususally very slow to load?

I don’t really do Topcoder because i find it really annoying. And it is slow for me sometimes too.

2 Likes

TopCoder is very slow for me too. I can only practice on the Arena Applet. On the site, it takes a lot of time to load, even when I have a pretty good connection.

How to get the arena applet? @horcrux2301