How to switch from service-based companies to product-based companies?

How to switch from service-based companies to product-based companies?

Hi all, this is Gaurav. I have previously worked at Microsoft and Flipkart. Currently trying to help people become software engineers at top product-based companies.

Most software engineers in India join a service-based company after graduation. While there is nothing wrong with working in a service-based company, many want to switch to product-based companies mostly for the following reasons:

• Extremely better pay
  • Better work
  • More ownership

Let’s take the example of the difference in salary at service-based companies vs product-based companies. Freshers at service-based companies are mostly paid 3-5L per year whereas most product-based companies easily pay double of that. The big tech product-based companies and top startups pay 4-5 times of that. It is obvious for most engineers to look up to joining a product-based company.

But it is not easy to get there. It is not very difficult as well. It requires a different kind of preparation and a lot of hard work. The right amount of hard work in the right direction can make it easy to achieve that if done consistently.

I have written this article to help anyone who wants to make a switch from a service-based company to a product-based company.

I can be reached out on Whatsapp (9732130450) for any queries related to interview prep or job search.

The article is for self-preparation. Check out SDE Bootcamp if you want to:

• fast-track your preparation through hands-on learning, and,
  • have engineers from top product-based companies teach and mentor you
1 Like