ICPC 2019 Amritapuri Regionals

LOL. :joy::joy:

Where you have got your onsite round ? is it amritapuri or someother ?

How to choose the sites for regional? Will they allocate automatically after payment and send details?

1 Like

I guess Even they don’t know so they decided to remove it from website.
I asked them about this but they replied “please pay before 12 November first”.

I have heard Amritapuri site has beach 10 mins walking distance away.
@all you can choose amritapuri regional :stuck_out_tongue:.

3 Likes

Is there any refund policy ?

Check their website.

Couldn’t find anything.

Can you please tell, how to choose amritapuri(or any choice of our own)?

1 Like

As per last year, you had to give preference between Amrita and Coimbatore, and you were allotted slots based on your rank (eh, similar to how college counselling sessions work).

and when and where do we give that preference? and by when will we get to know which site are we allotted?

I mailed them, this was what they said “We have selected only 270 teams res of the team detail will be published today afternoon”

Now, the selection policy has been updated. Instead of top 80, now top 120 teams will be selected. Also, the new ranklist of selected teams will be published by today noon

:joy: :joy: :joy: yeaa!

1 Like

Amritapuri has released the list of 320 teams selected:
https://icpc.amrita.ac.in/2019/teams-selected-for-onsite-contest/

When your team got 308th rank,
And you are still not in regionals list due to some stupid f**king plagiarism strike, which you have not done,
And all the hard work goes in vain
you become demotivated,
ZomboMeme%2001112019135938
I hope codechef community will do something to prevent this in future

3 Likes

same here
sed life

1 Like

Rank 436 (Topped College) and Still Team name does not appear in the list.
No teams from my College is selected.

WTF is wrong, Codechef! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Found the following discrepancies in the latest list published:

Prior to publishing the increased number of slots till 6th Nov. Number of seats reserved for the " Top team from each institution " were 169. We went through the teams selected based on this criteria and we found that the team with the lowest rank was “lazy_solvers” from " IMS Engineering College, Ghaziabad, Delhi NCR ".

On 7th Nov Increased slots were published which stated that Number of seats for the " Top team from each institution " were now increased to 186 which clearly means there is an increase of 17 seats under this criterion.
But the latest published list still has the same team with the lowest rank “lazy_solvers”.Which clearly states that next 17 teams under " Top team from each institution " criterion have not been added.

Apart from this there are so many teams who were told that they have been caught under plagiarism but haven’t been given any justification neither given a chance to prove that they are not guilty.

This years amritapuri regional was a roller coaster with loads of and shocks and surprises.

Well All the Best to all those who are shortlisted.
happy Coding.

3 Likes