India and its Spirituality

Just let me know the logic of this question in brief

India is well known for its spirituality and holy places, a holy place is represented by ‘*’ (rest of the cities are represented by ‘.’), and all the cities which are neighbors (which shares a corner or a side) to holy places are known as spiritual cities.

Geek wants to travel all spiritual places, but he decided to travel from one city to another city if both of them are spiritual and neighbors too.

The task is to find the maximum number of spiritual cities geek can travel, starting from a spiritual city.

Note: A holy place is not considered as a spiritual city

Input:

1. The first line of the input contains a single integer T denoting the number of test cases. The description of T test cases is as follows.
  2. The first line of each test case contains two space-separated integers N and M.
  3. Next N lines contain M characters

Output: For each test case, print the maximum number of spiritual cities geek can travel.

Your Task:
This is a function problem. You only need to complete the function maxCities() that take a 2-d vector of char , m, n as parameters and returns the maximum number of spiritual cities geek can travel. The driver code automatically appends a new line .

Constraints:

1. 1 <= T <= 100
  2. 1 <= N, M <= 102

Example:
Input:

5 5
…*

…*…

1 2

Output:

Explanation:
Testcase 1:
(1, 4), (2, 2), (2, 3), (2, 4), (2, 5), (3, 2), (3, 4), (4, 2), (4, 3), (4, 4) are the spiritual cities which geek will visit.

Looks like this question was asked online 6 days ago. I assume this is not from an ongoing contest

Make an adj matrix for this setup and use DFS to find the largest connected component in this graph.

1 Like

for a moment on reading the title i was like hmmm general discussion on spirituality … niceeeee lets go in and check it out. Landed onto a problem XD

8 Likes

same here :frowning:

4 Likes

@kool HAHA that was intentional :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks , I guess I will understand your answer a few months from now :slight_smile: