INTERNAL SERVER ERROR

Is it declare unrated?

Such problems happen on other judges too.

1 Like

Yeah and now they made the whole contest UNRATED!!! SO UNFAIR

2 Likes

yes now its unrated because the admin felt that it was unfair for others to load page with one minute delay

1 Like

i have never faced such issue with hackerearth or codeforces bro till now .

codeforces also have server issues in their recent contests

but the issue for one hour long??

@admin We would love to know the reason behind the INTERNAL SERVER ERROR.
It’s better ,if participants who felt bad about the issue knows the exact problem which led to the server issue. Since most of the members doesn’t know about the practical difficulty of maintaining such a big server , they start blaming our beloved Chef.

3 Likes

Totally disappointed Codechef. All excitement lose when seeing Internal Server Error on screen during submission. I think Codechef first improve your code and make a flexibility on the website and then organized competition. I manage my time for competition and here what I see Internal Server Error. What the Hall Codechef:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Contest is very nice, but problems didn’t load,same problem with rank-list and submissions :slight_smile:

Hi, Gabilash I respect you thought But if Codechef does not handles big server then stop to organize the coding competition. The short contest is all timing and in short contest, nothing is accepted as an internal server error.

1 Like

I agree with your point.That’s the reason why i asked our admin to specify the issue.If we have more idea about the problem. Community members(few who are SDEs) worldwide can help sort out the issue just by discussing it in the platform , and noobies like me can try to understand the reason behind server failures.

500 internal error is caused mainly due to huge number of requests . which could cause DDOS on a small capacity server .

So, all of this must have started here.

It happened on codeforces when some hacker hacked their server by DDOS attack and the website was down for almost 20 minutes
But the point is we worked hard on the contest and they made it unrated

Man if the website is down how did you expect participants to stay for so long and try till when it loads fully . everyone gets frustrated and dont participate how did you even think its gonna be rated huh

Even i faced the same problem but i kept refreshing after intervals of 10 mins but since all of us were facing the same problem its unfair to make it unrated