InterviewBit academy

No, they have their own interface for that.

did you use recursion for the 3rd question

Nope iteration. Letā€™s a be the larger length string of the two(a and b are the input strings). Swap a and b if a is not longer in length than b.
Then this code should work. This is just a pseudo-code-

int length_a = a.length(), length_b = b.length();
if(length_a < length_b)
	swap(a, b);

int ptr_a = 0, ptr_b = 0;

// find if b is a sub-sequence of a
while(ptr_a < length_a && ptr_b < length_b) {
	if(a[ptr_a] == b[ptr_b])
		++ptr_b;
	++ptr_a;
}

// if all chars in b matches
if(ptr_b == length_b)
	cout << "yes, can pet";
else
	cout << "no, cant pet";

Whatever, i havenā€™t received the mail yet, Iā€™m losing hope now :frowning:

same dude idk what is happening.

How many did you solve

They have interviews till 26 th, so donā€™t worry you may get an email soon. Otherwise why not ping them directly and ask if results are still pending for some students?

1 Like

Maybe theyā€™re going through the applications in the order they came, i had applied for the course just before the deadline
Iā€™ll ping them by the end of the day when i reach home. Thanks

1 Like

Possible, I had applied around a month before or so.

1 Like

Hope so
(10 chars)

3 and a half

You probably get in, you should ping them too. :slight_smile:

I checked the website, it says, ā€œCongrats, you have cleared the entrance test. As a next step please select a slot of 30 mins for personal interviewā€, but I didnā€™t receive any mail, Lol, I was worried, anyways, thanks for the support, good luck to all of you.

1 Like

What happens when the array is [1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2], where will the upper bound pointer point at ??

1 Like

Didnā€™t know that there is also a case of direct selection .

You didnā€™t specify the number N, but lets take both 1 and 2
1-
lower_bound points to 0 and upper_bound points to 1. So, 1 - 0 = 1, and there only 1 instance of 1
2-
lower bound points to 1 and upper bound points to the end of the array that is 6, so 6 - 1 = 5 and there are 5 instances of 2.

1 Like

I meant n to be 2, anyways good solution, congrats on your selection!
Hopefully Iā€™ll see you in IBAcademy then

1 Like

donā€™t you think the answer for the second question is 3!.5!.3!.6! , if the same type of fruits should be together and duplication is allowed

If same type fruit are together itā€™s 3!
Because we think of same fruits together as a single unit, looking at the question i think the examiner means that same type of fruits are idemtical

2 Likes

Share your approach for 5th question