InterviewBit academy

aaj kisi ka result aaya kya … ya end of the day me hi aega.

Yesterday, I finally received an email saying that I have been selected for the next round - Personal Interview. The email said that I have to visit www.interviewbit.com/academy to book a slot for the call. But there’s no section on the website that lets me reserve a slot. Any help would be appreciated.

Does any one here has or their friend has solved 3 questions on day one and got an interview call? It is still showing me on the site that results will be announced as it did since day one. While some of my friends who solved 2.5 on day 2 have given their interview as well.

I gave in the the morning today. But I think the last slot was till 5:30 PM today.

can you share your interview experience?

Here is a quick question. What according to you is more difficult, getting 4* on Codechef or getting shortlisted for interviews from the likes of Google and startups like Cure.fit, Dunzo, Rippling, etc?
Hint : There are thousands of 4* people on Codechef and larger number of people on similar platforms with equivalent or even better ratings. While the number of resumes the aforementioned companies gets every year and the number of them they would just toss around is probably lot higher.
There is nothing exceptional about being 4*, I did that after some 5-6 contest and that too I hardly upsolve any problem, I haven’t even trained that much, you can visit my Stopstalk profile to confirm that, I have hardly solved some 300 problems, even then most of them were easy level implementation problem from Hackerrank.
This is not to say I am good at Competitive Programming or anything (infact, I feel it’s quite the opposite. Despite what you think because of the stars, I am actually a pretty bad programmer and problem solver), but to say that, if anyone puts a little bit of effort he can reach 4s.
But getting shortlisted for good places is hard, super hard if you aren’t from a well known College. Ofcourse it still isn’t entirely impossible. But then again you need to do something special for it(like Abdullah Aslam did). And 4
is not it.
So, your statement doesn’t make much sense. Don’t judge others before putting yourself in their shoes.

3 Likes

It takes just 2 or 3 contests to reach 4* for an average coder, and that gets you nowhere, 4* on codechef proves nothing, in fact, InterviewBit asks for TopCoder/Codeforces/SPOJ profile, they don’t even care about Codechef profiles. The thing is Codechef is probably the “easiest” competitive coding platform.
Getting interviews is way, way harder than getting 4* on Codechef

1 Like

@i_64 The reality is i know a lot of coders who are 5* here and not even 1500 rating on codeforces .I am not saying this is the easiest platform but if we compare with everyone then yes it is.And becoming a 4* is a cake walk but more than that need effort and consistency which many people lacks.

1 Like

The rating system is too lenient here. And participants aren’t that good at coding on codechef.
On codeforces no matter how fast you solve or how many problems you solve there is a huge percentage of participants ahead of you, which causes damage to the rating, ex. You solve 3-4 problems and geta rank around 2-3k and the rating drops it’s really hard to improve rating on codeforces

Anybody having any idea ,when result for interview will be announced?It’s showing todays date only

Sure. They asked 3 questions :-
Q1) Given an integer how would you find the number of digits in that number,
Q2) Find the number of words which can be made from “DUPLICATES” where all the vowels should be together and at the start of the word.
Q3)Coding question - Given a matrix of size NxN with each cell intialized to 0. You are given Q queries where each query would be of the form “R X V” or “C X V” where the first query means to increase all the values in the Xth row by V and the second query means to increase the Xth column by V. Find the maximum value in the matrix after applying the Q queries.
I solved the first 2 questions within 5 minutes.
However, in the 3rd question I used dictionary to solve this problem but after verifying that my code produces the correct output, he told me that it would have been better to use arrays rather than dictionary.
That’s the only feedback he gave me.
He then asked me if I had any questions in which I just asked him are the batches for working people and students different because I had seen the timings as 7-10 PM and since I am already working, it would be very difficult for me to attend the sessions at 7 PM everyday to which he told me that the timings are actually different.
The interview lasted for around 20 mins.

1 Like

I did not get the call for interview even after solving 3 questions on day one. Is it even possible. Some of my friends solved 2.5 and they got the call. Anyone who solved 3 question on day 1 and received call for interview please tell.

Which batch are you from 2019/2020?

Is result announced? I have not received any mail.

Anyone got the result yet?

Yes.
(10 chars)

Wow, so everyone, but me, is receiving emails…
Do you guys see something different on the website

Yes.
It says congratulations, you’re selected (or something like that…)

Update :- Congratulations! You have been selected to be a part of our upcoming Academy batch.

@i_64 receiving mail and shown on the website also…Doesnt matter if it doesnt shown on your page if you are selected then you received mail …

The thing is for some reason I am not receiving any kind of emails from InterviewBit, i need to check everything on their website…