Invitation to Apeireon'20 Mystery Language Challenge

Hello guys!!

Greetings from NJACK , the Computer Science Club of IIT Patna,

We feel very excited to announce our very first edition of Apeireon , the annual coding fest of the Department of Computer Science and Engineering, IIT Patna. The fest will be packed with a plethora of fun events.

Hope you all had fun debugging codes in our hacking challenge.

Introducing this time, Mystery Language , an event that requires you to code a contest in a language which would be announced minutes before the contest.

A Competitive Programming contest with a slight difference, submit your solutions in a language, which might be unknown to you. The language will be announced 20 minutes prior to the contest. The contest will have 5-6 problems. This will give everyone an opportunity to evolve your skill to quickly adapt to a newly given framework or technology which is a very important skill in today’s rapidly growing techno-management corporate world.

Date : 2nd April, 2020

Timings : 9:30pm — 12:30am

Duration : 3 hours

Platform : Codechef

Rule Book : Redirecting

Contest link : Contest Page | CodeChef

Prizes :-

• First : 5000/-

• Second : 3000/-

• Third: 2000/-

• 250 CodeChef laddus to all the 3 winners, they can be redeemed for awesome CodeChef goodies.

• CodeChef DSA certification scholarship- 75%, 50% and 25% scholarship to the top three participants

• CodeChef DSA certification scholarship- discount coupon of INR 200 for all the participants and organisers.

For any further queries, please feel free to contact : Shresth Walia (+91-9650771103)

The problem setters for the contest : hackcyborg, hrisbh10, ashishanjan1 and starnyc

For more such fun events do check our Facebook page : NJACK

Hope to cya all on the leaderboard!!

15 Likes

Reminder-3 hours to go

Is it rated ?

No

Today’s Mystery language is Scala!! The judge has x2 time limit multiplier.

1 Like

For some reason my last submission is not being considered on the ranklist even though it passed (and even displays that it was solved). Is the scoreboard frozen or something? As you can see 300 + 300 + 200 != 500.

I think it will get updated and congrats for rank 2!

1 Like

Yeah we have seen it. we will contact you after resolving this issue.
Congratulations for securing 2nd position.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: Besides my 19 failed submissions (I didn’t know how to do I/O :stuck_out_tongue:) it was a very enjoyable round!

1 Like