Invitation to Byterace 2k20 on CodeChef [Rated for Div-2]

Hey Codechef Community!!

Greetings from NJACK, the Computer Science Club of IIT Patna,

We present to you ByteRace 2k20, as a part of our annual technical fest, Celesta.

The contest will be held on Codechef and is Rated for all Div2 participants! (Rating < 1800)

Date and Time: 29th December 2020, 20:00 IST to 22:30 IST. (IST = UTC+5.5)

The contest will be ICPC style with 7 problems.

We would like thank our problem-setters: V_S_M, jenishmonpara, aditigoel, Nihal0002, 100gods and our organizers: kunj017 and hackcyborg.

Special thanks to jtnydv25 for coordinating the round.

The problems have been tested by nightmare05, chan_iitp, aditya_sheth, and me.

Contest Link

Prizes:

Global Ranklist

1. 5000 INR
  2. 3000 INR
  3. 2000 INR

Indian Ranklist (Apart from top 3 global)

1. 2000 INR
  2. 2000 INR

IIT Patna Participants

1. 500 INR
  2. 500 INR

Coupons and goodies worth ₹5k to 20 random participants!
To register for prizes fill this form before the contest: Form

12 Likes

Is there a possibility for having a separate ranklist (kind of unofficial) for DIV1 participants,even a combined will also be not a problem.

Why do you want a separate ranklist though ?

Even if it’s combined it’s cool, I don’t know whether the ranklist will show DIV1 participants too. :sweat_smile:

Now I understood your point, it’s a valid question indeed. @darklight13 can you please clarify if DIV-1 people will be featured in any rank list or not as in the last only DIV-2 rated round I got to know my rank after a month or something when the combined rank list was released(that too on a google excel sheet :expressionless:)

Yeah, there will be a separate ranklist for DIV1 participants, I think it will be live as well. I will update one I get confirmation from codechef.

That would be great! thanks for informing

1 Like

It will be live, got confirmation from codechef.

3 Likes

I will publish a livesolve/editorial on my YT channel after the contest, everyone interested is welcome to come by and watch interesting problems, I hope it will be helpful for you guys.

3 Likes

Will questions contain subtasks?

No, the contest will be ICPC style so binary marks on problem and each problem is of equal points.

REMINDER

1 Like

This was a good Div 1 contest I feel , It had awesome Problem Distribution for Div 1 , atleast The ranklist and no. Of AC’s for the problem says that :slight_smile: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Good questions , really impressed.
Can someone tell me the approach for 3 one , couldn’t get it even after trying for 2 hrs.
Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Range Updates on Segment Trees BUT with different values for each index in the update range. - Codeforces

1 Like

You can use Difference Array | Range update query in O(1) - GeeksforGeeks
trick and do prefix sum twice instead of once.
Time complexity : O(n)
Segment tree is an overkill

2 Likes

yup , i’ll try to do that,thanks for the hint.

how ? we have to add the AP.