Invitation To Code Chronicles 1.0

Greetings CodeChef community!

I, on behalf of Code Chronicles 1.0 Team, would like to invite you to take part in first ever contest hosted by collaboration of IIIT’s (IIIT Pune & IIIT Bhopal), which will take place on Friday, June 19, 2020 at 20:00 ISTUTC+5.5. It is a 2.5 hr long contest. The contest will be open to everyone. We’d be offering you 8 problems with varying difficulties.

PRIZES : 250 Codechef Laddus each to Top 3 Global & Special Goodies for Top 3 IIIT ians.

Contest Link : www.codechef.com/CROS2020
Contest Timing : 20:00 to 22:30 IST

I would really like to thank:

Editorials for all the questions will be posted shortly after the contest ends! I hope you will enjoy solving the problems. Please give your feedback on the problem set in the comments below, after the contest.

Good Luck! See you on the Leaderboard…

Upd 1: Editorials have been published for all problems except PWCP-COCR101, which will be published by tomorrow.

Upd 2: Editorial for PWCP has been added. You can check it out below.

Editorials :
Marking the borders-COCR104
Champak and Clocks-COCR105
Sharing is Caring-COCR106
Chef and a New Home-COCR103
Odd One Out-COCR107
Time Travel-COCR102
Maze Runner-COCR108
PWCP-COCR101

About the discrepancy in Marking the borders question :

There was a discrepancy in one of the input files for the question, Marking the borders. There was a single line missing in the input file. Even then many participants got accepted, but some received WA or TLE. It was a bit surprising about how had it not come up during the testing phase, but after reviewing a couple of solutions which didn’t get accepted because of this, we observed that codes using scanf were getting affected. Unfortunately even though all testers had tested this question, everyone used cin / cout. We still don’t know for sure that if scanf / cin thing was the only difference that lead to such a result. Sorry for the inconvenience caused due to this.

We still hope that you enjoyed the problemset though, and thank you for participating!!

46 Likes

Nice initiative… IIITians Network and all contest organizers

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:.
The problems are very interesting so I encourage everyone to participate.

2 Likes

Is it rated ?

1 Like

No , it isnt.
But the quality of questions is really good. :innocent:

1 Like

Will you post editorials after contest?

1 Like

It’s clearly mentioned.

4 Likes

The contest begins in less than 10 minutes!

1 Like

What do u mean by special goodies :sweat_smile: :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Good question!

1 Like

I thoroughly enjoyed this contest. The problems were all really awesome and I am looking forward to more of such contests.

I am unable to find editorials could you please send the link to it?

The links have been added to the invitation. Check above @ankith_reddy.

1 Like

O(n) only works for values upto 10^7.
It certainly would not work for 10^9 constraints.