Invitation to Code-For-A-Cause, a 3-Hour Coding Contest

Hello Codechef Community,
The time has finally come to showcase your Coding Skills. Street Cause Vasavi brings you Code-For-A-Cause 2020, a 3-Hour Coding Contest on 2nd of August 2020.
We would like to invite you to participate in Code-For-A-Cause 2020. Anyone can Participate and Win upto Rs. 1500/-*.
Contest Details:
The Contest starts on 02-08-2020 at 10:00 IST.
Prizes: Cash Prize for Top 3 Performers.
Certificates will be provided to all Participants.
Registration Fee: Rs. 100/-
For Registration, contact:
Saketh: +91 70958 17990
Karthik: +91 89194 05682
Note: Street Cause is a Non-Profit Organisation serving Humanity.

[Edit]: The Contest is postponed to 3rd of August, 2020. This is an announcement for the registered participants. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

[Edit]: The Contest is postponed to 4th of August 2020, as we received requests from participants not to conduct on 03-08-2020 as it is the day of Raksha Bandhan. We regret for the inconvenience caused.

10 Likes

Would you be kind enough to explain the entire registration process and answer the following questions:

1. How do you acknowledge the registration, like do I get a mail with a registration number?
  2. When and how will I get the link to the contest?

Thank you.

1 Like

could you host contests here also? I don’t have a Hackerrank account

1 Like

The Registration process is Simple.

1. First, you will have to contact any of them mentioned in the poster. You’ll have to provide them your details like Full Name, Email ID and Contact Number.
  2. Then, they’ll E-mail you an E-Ticket for the event, along with the Details of recipient to whom the Registration Fee should be paid.
  3. After the transaction is complete, you’ll receive another E-Ticket consisting of details of transaction. It means you are eligible to participate in the contest.
  4. The contest link is shared to the Mail provided during Registration on the day of the contest i.e. 3rd of August 2020.

Note: In order to get Cash Prize or Participation Certificate after the contest is over, you’ll have to submit the E-Ticket that consists of transaction details. Failing to submit, Neither of the rewards will be provided.

1 Like

To participate in Hackerrank contests, you should have an account in Hackerrank. It is same like you need Codechef account inorder to participate in Codechef Contests.

We are not hosting a contest in Codechef. We are organising the contest in Hackerrank, and just promoting the event in Codechef Discussions, so that interested can participate.:slight_smile:

1 Like

what I mean is, will you organize a few here in the future?

Please consider hosting a few here…

What about the certificates, how and when will I receive them?
As I understand, everyone who participates gets a certificate, irrespective of their performance in the contest, right?

1 Like

Yes, irrespective of individual’s performance, everyone will get a participation certificate. In addition, top 3 Performers will receive Cash Prizes too.

You’ll receive the certificates after the contest is over. An E-Certificate will be sent to the registered E-Mail.

1 Like

It is up to us, whether to organise in Codechef or Hackerrank. If we are interested, we may host, in future. When it comes to choosing a platform, we judge several factors. For example, In Codechef, it takes almost a month to get things ready and host a contest. But Hackerrank is better coz we can organise a contest with in no time. Also, the Verdict Judgement is quick in Hackerrank whereas it takes about 15 seconds or more in Codechef. If you are really interested, platform doesn’t matter. Just create an account in respective platform and participate. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do the top 3 get merit certificates or is it the same certificate for everyone?

1 Like

Top 3 Performers will get Merit Certificates along with Cash Prize. Rest of the participants will get Participation Certificates.

1 Like

Could you answer the following questions:

1. What is the type of leaderboard used and how does it work?
  2. Is there a tiebreaker, if yes could you specify?
    Thank you.
1 Like

The type of leaderboard used is Default Hackerrank Leaderboard.

• There will not be any Penalty.
  • Difficulty Tags will be visible.

The Tie Breaker used is Sum.

• Sum: Tie is broken by the sum of time of first correct submission for all the problems.
  • Time used for Tie Breaking is Start of the Contest. It means participants who log in in the mid of contest will not have any additional advantage.
1 Like

[Edit]: The Contest is postponed to 3rd of August, 2020. This is an announcement for the registered participants. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

1 Like

[Edit]: The Contest is postponed to 4th of August 2020, as we received requests from participants not to conduct on 03-08-2020 as it is the day of Raksha Bandhan. We regret for the inconvenience caused.

1 Like