Invitation to CodeChef April Cook-Off 2019 sponsored By ShareChat

Greetings CodeChef community!

You all are invited to participate in CodeChef’s April Cook-Off sponsored by ShareChat. This is a short contest with 7 problems on offer. The problem statements will be available in English, Hindi, Bengali, Russian, Mandarin and Vietnamese.

ShareChat- our contest sponsor is seeking both interns and full-time employees to join their dynamic team. Job opportunities are open to programmers across the world and internship opportunities are exclusively aimed at final year B.Tech students who have already been placed and looking forward to gaining startup experience. Visit the contest page for more details.

I hope you will join your fellow programmers and enjoy the contest problems. Joining me on the problem setting panel are:

I hope you will enjoy solving them. Please give your feedback on the problem set in the comments below, after the contest.

#Contest Details:

Time: 21st April 2019 (2130 hrs) to 22nd April 2019 (0000 hrs). (Indian Standard Time — +5:30 GMT) — Check your timezone.

Contest link: https://www.codechef.com/COOK105

Registration: You just need to have a CodeChef handle to participate. For all those, who are interested and do not have a CodeChef handle, are requested to register in order to participate.

Prizes:

Top 10 performers in Global and Indian category will get CodeChef laddus, with which the winners can claim cool CodeChef goodies. Know more here: How do I win a CodeChef Goodie?. (For those who have not yet got their previous winning, please send an email to winners@codechef.com)

Good Luck!
Hope to see you participating!!
Happy Programming !!

5 Likes

Can anyone please say why this code TLE’s(for DINCPATH) with a O((n + m) logN) complexity ?

Time limit seems tight, you can go for max(n,mlogm) , any greater factor may leads tle

number of edges is of the order of 1e5, that leads to nlogn solution :slight_smile:

n + m will go 2e5 :stuck_out_tongue: , sensitive one

So, according to you this question required only a O(n + m) solution ?

nope,i guess max(molgm,n)

What about this ;__;

come on, i say for your case ,not for all (obviously it’s not expected), execution time varies a lot person to person.

1 Like

Do you really mean that complexity is different for different users ?

No :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: its not expected obviously, I came up with this solution so i suggest you to go for this , if you are happy with your (n+m)logn then go for it or try c++ with same solution, best of luck

He obviously meant that different implementations by different users will vary with respect to time. Some people are adept at writing spectacular code w.r.t. runtime.