Invitation to CodeChef April Cook-Off 2021

We invite you to participate in CodeChef’s April Cook-Off, this Sunday, 18th April.

Time: 9:30 PM - 12:30 AM IST. Please note the change in contest duration.

The April Cook-Off is going to have Amazon as the official contest recruiter! Amazon is hiring for Software Development Engineer 1, Software Development Engineer 2, and Support Engineer roles for its fast-paced environment.

Also, if you have some original and engaging problem ideas, and you’re interested in them being used in CodeChef’s contests, you can share them here.

Joining me on the problem setting panel are:

Prizes:

The winners will receive CodeChef laddus with which they can claim cool CodeChef goodies. Know more here.

The video editorials of the problems will be available on our YouTube channel as soon as the contest ends. Subscribe to get notifications about our new editorials.

Good Luck!

Hope to see you participating!!

Happy Programming!!

10 Likes

Hello @admin. I am concerned about the timings being late in the night. I believe participation will increase if the contest could be held even an hour earlier i.e. 20:30 IST.
Also, this will make it easier for East Asian participants.

3 Likes

How many Problems in this contest???

Probably 6 in each division.

Can you please explain the time penalty system because I submitted 3 answers with one incorrect submission within 1.5 hr but it still showed 2 hr time penalty in rank list.

Thank You, for such a balanced problemset!

3 Likes

Codechef, it’s time to take classes from Codeforces :joy:

1 Like

Read rules. Penalties are sum of submission time of all problems(only Accepted solutions ofcourse).

Anybody know how long it takes for rating to be updated after the contest ends?

so does that mean that if i submit an answer in 15 min and next 5 min after that the time penalty will be 15 + 20 or what? I can’t understand what that statement mean.

Yes that’s how it works.

ok thanks