Invitation to CodeChef August Long Challenge 2019

Greetings CodeChef community!

Brace yourself because Long Challenge contest of the month is HERE! Expect nothing short of a thoroughly thrilling 10-day code-cation; featuring exciting problems, amazing competition and lastly, a chance to level up your rating.

Moreover, the Long Challenge is particularly crafted to help you hone your coding skills, while competing amongst the best of the best. Top 20 participants from each college/university will win scholarships for CodeChef Certification exam. Visit the contest page to know more.

In addition, if you have some original and engaging problem ideas, and you’re interested in them being used in the CodeChef’s contests, you can share them with our admins here: Problem Idea Submission | CodeChef

Do join your fellow programmers and actively participate in this exciting contest. Joining me on the problem setting panel are:

I hope you will enjoy solving them. Please give your feedback on the problem set in the comments below, after the contest.

Contest Details:

Time: 2nd August 2019 (1500 hrs) to 12th August 2019 (1500 hrs). (Indian Standard Time — +5:30 GMT) — Check your timezone.

Contest link: https://www.codechef.com/AUG19

Registration: You just need to have a CodeChef handle to participate. For all those who are interested and do not have a CodeChef handle, are requested to register in order to participate.

Prizes: Top 20 performers in Indian category and top 10 performers in Global category will get CodeChef laddus, with which the winners can claim cool CodeChef goodies. First to solve each problem except challenge - 100 laddus. Know more here: https://goodies.codechef.com/.

(For those who have not yet got their previous winning, please send an email to winners@codechef.com)

Good Luck! Hope to see you participating! Happy Programming!

11 Likes

The contest page says:

Top 20 participants from each college/university (both Div 1 and Div 2) will win scholarships for CodeChef Certification exam.

How will you guys calculate top 20? Is it separate for both divisions? Also, is there any minimum requirement of number of students per college/university?

3 Likes

Nope no minimum requirement for no. Of participants afaik.
Should be 20 people from each division maybe :thinking: or by comparing score after adding +300 to div1 people :thinking:.

4 Likes

i.e. 40 … 20-20 from both as i have understood …
am i correct

Hi all - I have a quick question about these Long Challenges :slight_smile:

Do you get to see all of the problem descriptions right from the time the contest begins, or is it like Hackerrank’s Week of Code where only one problem can be seen initially, and subsequent ones are only revealed at set dates (e.g. you can see problem 1 straight away, but have to wait a day before you can see problem 2, and wait another day before you can see problem 3, etc)?

And the game has begun​:fire::fire:

1 Like

Rules for Scholarship for CodeChef Certification Exam in DSA - Google Docs
Rules for getting scholarship in certification.
@yashrajkakkad @fuckingcoding

2 Likes

@fuckingcoding Wow…

Thank you! Just read em! :slight_smile:

1 Like

What if more than one people score same points and highest from their college, will all of them considered as rank 1 of their college and thus eligible for 100% scholarship? (As there is no penalty for time in long challenge).

5 Likes

can school students claim the scholarship

Nope. \hspace{0mm}

Then i think they will be judged on the basis of their submission time :thinking::man_shrugging:

solve challenge problem :stuck_out_tongue:
And I think they might not give rank 1 to both of them as they do for laddus

What if score of challenge problem is also same, don’t say that it can’t, I have seen very time when challenge is hard, brute force solution of that gives same answer/points to many people.
There can be another case too when challenge is too much hard, only top 10 guys worldwide can attempt that.
Third case, if none from a college could solve challenge, then also they can get same rank/points

But in long challenge there is no time penalty, that’s why people often submit late, if it is the case they should clarify it.

In that case both (if three people then all are rank 3) might be considered as rank 2 I think. Otherwise all will get rank 1 by helping each other.
If you can’t beat your opponent then you are no more rank 1.

Is this rule official? Or just your assumption

Afaik they do this for laddus.
That is no one gets laddus if 10 people are at rank 15 if they are giving it to top 20.
Not very sure about this rule though.
But I think this rule is fair enough.

1 Like

@alex_2oo8 please add tester’s handle in invitation post.

1 Like