Invitation to CodeChef August Long Challenge 2019

To start with your answer with p1 p2 p3 should be same as p3 p2 p1

1 Like

Flattening the tree and using a Persistent Segment Tree worked for me. However, the constraints were a bit harsh and I had to remove some redundant queries and replace some other queries (like queries over entire range) with pre-computed values to squash the constant time factor.

Hereā€™s my O(n*logn) solution: CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

3 Likes

Mine was the exact same approach, except for I maintained a Fenwick Tree for offline processing of queries for finding number of elements less than k in a subtree in NlogN.
AC Code : CodeChef: Practical coding for everyone

1 Like

Changing from dynamic to static and doing few queries as possible gave me AC.
The biggest input ran in about ~3s in my computer just by doing a bunch of ā€œnewā€ memory allocation.
In my opinion, it would have been a better problem if the time limit was less strict. Persistent segment tree is also a good solution.

1 Like

Niceā€¦
I solved TSEQ using super node data structure, basically kind of sqrt decomposition on treesā€¦in NrootN

3 Likes

Refer this. Unofficial Editorial TSEQ August Long Challenge

Explained in slightly more detail :stuck_out_tongue:

Editorial for KS1 is now only pending approval. You may request unapproved copies of the same if you want.

@vijj123 can you provide me the editorial of CHGORAM ?

Hey, its still WIP. I will update here as and when unapproved ones can be requested :slight_smile:

I solved 4 problems compared to my previous 1 I hope to get to 3 stars next contest :slight_smile:

1 Like

yup, you are correct . ranking will be decided by considering all the questions from both div 1 and div 2 , as stated in the contest description ā€¦
no extra marks will be given to those ,who didnā€™t attempted other division questionsā€¦

Hi all,

The editorial of SYNBAC is done and the unapproved version can be requested by emailing me. The next editorial I am taking up is CHGORAM.

Please release it soon now . cookoff bhi hogya abto XD.

Hi,

The editorial for CHGORAM is ready and pending approval. Finally I figured out a way to explain things satisfactorily. The unapproved one can be requested by emailing to me.

Next one in the line is TSEQ.

Regards
vijju123

1 Like

I dont know what to make out of this comment. Its not like I am not trying to write the editorial. If you think you can do better then you are most welcome to apply for next long editorialist :slight_smile:

1 Like

What abt cook-off ratings ?

No idea :stuck_out_tongue:

I can ask @admin if you want but thats all. I am not involved in the decision making in any manner.

No Sir, I am big fan of your editorials, The way you make us understand and efforts you put in your editorials is unmatchable. I thought might be you forgot about it till now. Sorry if the way is bit odd.

2 Likes

I wonā€™t forget it dear :stuck_out_tongue:

Itā€™d be ironical if someone whose fighting to improve the editorial system forgets about it himself :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

TSEQ editorial is done and unofficial version can be requested.

The last editorial left is CSTREE.

2 Likes