Invitation to CodeChef December Cook-Off 2020

We invite you to participate in CodeChef’s December Cook-Off, this Monday, 21st December, from 9:30 PM to 12:00 AM IST. Please note the unusual time.

You will be given a total of 8 problems (6 in Div2, 7 in Div1) to solve in a duration of 2.5 hours .

Also, if you have some original and engaging problem ideas, and you’re interested in them being used in CodeChef’s contests, you can share them here.

Joining us on the problem setting panel are:

Prizes:

The top 10 Indian and top 10 Global participants will receive CodeChef laddus, with which the winners can claim cool CodeChef goodies. Know more here.

The video editorials of the problems will be available on our YouTube channel as soon as the contest ends. Subscribe to get notifications about our new editorials.

Good luck and have fun!

10 Likes

Reminder 1 - Contest starts in 2.5 hours.

3 Likes

Reminder 2 - Contests starts in less than 15 minutes.

GL; HF!

2 Likes

The servers are lagging freaking so much man. Every other minute the servers are disconnected message comes up

3 Likes

Is this contest rated or unrated?

nope , working fine for me

My contest rankings and scores are not updating

Mine too

yeah this is the case , but we can submit our sol.

We faced some issues with our servers, and as a compromise, we have taken down most of the IDE service. So you will not be able to use Compile and run the code with online compiler and IDE | CodeChef properly for now. Apologies for the issue.

The contest is rated.

2 Likes

I submitted the 4th question 1 min after the contest and got correct. This is the worst feeling :((

3 Likes

Why is my handle the only one that’s not a link ;-;

1 Like

same is my feeling for question 3rd. I did earlier using maps and strings but tled later changed to tries got RTE. then finally to mask of numbers and now AC. but this mistakes even more prick if it occurs in knock out competition places.

1 Like

Fixed :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Video editorials for the first 8 problems have been uploaded here. The last video editorial will be uploaded over the next day or two.

please make announcement global and give notifications I was stuck on the Confusion between S ans sub-string of S for around half an hour. please notify like in code-forces they give desktop notifications for announcements.

2 Likes

How can one compensate the decrease in ranks due to server crash? I tried submitting (with the submit button, not IDE) for about 10 minutes and the ranks went from 100 - 400 for “self destructing substrings”?

I was so close to Baskets. I forgot to set the upper limit of capacity according to N. :cry:
Edit: I’m happy. I got my 5 :star: back. XD

1 Like

@admin This feature is needed very much!!

4 Likes