Invitation to CodeChef February Long Challenge 2020

*@vijju123

2 Likes

One of the major reasons why you are getting bashed is that your points are irrelevant. Yes, cheating happens in longs, a lot, but mostly in div 2. In div 1, the issue is almost absent. (At the end of the day, even cheating is a skill which is just as tough to master). Try to improve yourself. As for cheaters, let’s hope that the plaghammer day isn’t too far away, and they will get the justice that they deserve. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The issue with moderator intervention here is that, as a moderator I represent Codechef. Perhaps he is feeling he is expressing himself - and perhaps he will see what are the flaws in his points and come up with how to solve them.

I cannot give any kind of official warning as it will be taken as “Codechef cannot take feedback” and thats wrong. We always take feedback. (Again, I will make it clear, that doesn’t mean I cannot bash him as a regular community member :stuck_out_tongue: )

So the community model says that Moderator intervention should be minimum in such cases - usually the community is able to amicably resolve these issues and I am hoping for it. Of course, if a lot of people feel community is getting adversly affected, we can take an action - but just 5-6 people isnt enough.

Also, @vijju123 :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

I can’t see it ! But it’s pretty interesting :thinking:

3 Likes

Oh - whoops - it might be because I’m a moderator this time around XD

I should probably delete it in case I wasn’t supposed to post it!

9 Likes

Please look into this
@vijju123 @admin

Let’s just end this matter here amicably :slight_smile:
It’s been dragging on for quite some time now .
No platform, be it codechef or codeforces is free from cheating and both of them don’t stay silent regarding these issues.
There will always be people who cheat, it would be way better if all of us focussed on what we’re supposed to code!

2 Likes

Hi,

Date change is not possible. Sorry :frowning:

Okay so what will happen?
Cook off results will be calculated after long challenge right?
And if someone reaches div 1 in long challenge and participates in cook off as div 2?

2 Likes

@vijju123 can you confirm

I will get the admin to reply to you, please wait.

2 Likes

Hi Kshitij, there is no such criteria for applying to this scholarship. You can redeem you scholarship coupon for the exam you will be eligilble for according to your rating points.

2 Likes

Please @vijju123 @admin
This is a big problem

Pls look into this and pls change
Thanks
:slight_smile:

Anyway there are 5 Saturdays in February
So even if cook off is postponed by 1 week , then also there can be February lunch time in February only

Pls look into this @vijju123

Thanks !

Why is it a problem?

3 Likes

It depends only on the following fact :
“The division in which you start the contest.”
So if one is in div1. he will give both contest in div1.
If one is in div2. he will give both contest in div2.
Intersection doesn’t matter.

Exactly!!

See ,

Suppose I become 4 star after long challenge ( somehow ) but in cookoff i would solve div 2 problems and suppose i get some rank ,

Once the long challenge ratings are calculated , i will be in div1 but would have participated in div2 cookoff and my new ratings of cookoff will be calculated as per my rank in div2 cookoff ??

@vijju123 how are the ratings calculated ?
I dont know thats why asking …

This case happened multiple times in past when ERC’s were held between long. I actually forgot what was the case, but some forum searching should tell how things proceed to resolve this. I will try to re-ask admin tomorrow if you are unable to find on the forum.

1 Like

It will be according to div 2 cook off

This happened earlier during enigma plinth contest