Invitation to CodeChef February Lunchtime 2020

Yeah i am in the group too, i submitted in java from my real id, took me around 20 min to write code from scratch

1 Like

Whattt??? :man_facepalming:t2: For real?:man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Actually, it doesn’t really matter much, does it? When MOSS is run, the solutions submitted later than the other similar solution will only be plagiarized (hopefully, idk for sure). Also, it was the easiest problem in the set, so I don’t get why people would try cheating even in that, esp since the constraints allowed an O(N^2) solution to pass.

2 Likes

Can it create issue like plagiarism or cheating cases ?
Someone might have read the solution but not submitted it intentionally. Instead just checked the logic and submitted later on ?

Is it true? shit! So, i think some guys cheated.

:expressionless: What I meant was that since the solutions were briefly visible, all those who copied from AC submissions were at fault, not the ones who originally solved. At least understand the situation before speaking so that you might save me (and yourself) from a whole load of arguments.

And, explaining why the problem should be removed too makes no sense, for the fact that it was barely 5 min for which the submissions were open and even if anyone copied others submissions for that problem, it wouldn’t really make sense as it was the easiest problem in the set.
This doesn’t imply the problem could be solved by all. But it does imply that of the vast majority of the people who solved it, hardly a few hundreds might have copied the solution.

There were a few submissions when the bug was fixed, but not many tbh.

To be honest. I had the AC solution within 5 minutes, but did not submit it, because of this bug.

I don’t agree.

But who submitted it by their own, what will they do? I didn’t know about it and someone who did solve the first problem by their own, what will they do? It is not a coincidence to have almost same answer of those who cheated and those who did it purely, because it is a simple question. so, how MOSS can understand who is cheated?

There are logs in any simple website which can detect who all have opened a submission. It can be checked if its worth it.

That was an example.
As

This isn’t fair.

This also isn’t fair. We cannot be like only few people are doing cheating so let them enjoy.

Anyways why am I discussing with you here and spamming discuss. Anyone who wants to read this conversation can read it for 24 hours. I am deleting them to stop spamming here.

@l_returns there are so many of us who solved the first problem purely by them. so, if CC cancel rating for this question, it will be unfair.

You saying “this doesn’t make any difference as it is an easiest problem and other problems had very few submission so it’s not an issue”
is completely unfair and logic less in my opinion.
I am not suggesting anything. Admin is in a better position to think what can be done.
I would say there are three options, check logs, make it unrated, or just ignore the fact that solutions were open for 5 mins.

You are not understanding what I meant by those words. It was sarcasm. Anyways leave it. I don’t wanna spam discuss more.

When did I say I want to make it unrated ? I am just against this

1 Like

Please mind your language @infinitepro

@l_returns is correct

3 Likes

When MOSS is run, the solutions submitted later than the other similar solution will only be plagiarized

How you phrased it made it seem like a general rule - which isn’t the case. You ought to be more careful with words.

What I meant was that since the solutions were briefly visible, all those who copied from AC submissions were at fault, not the ones who originally solved. At least understand the situation before speaking so that you might save me (and yourself) from a whole load of arguments

As I pointed above - you made it seem like a general rule. I feel his stand is justified - not everyone will “get the situation” as human interpretation is variable. I agree that removing the problem doesnt seem a good way to resolve the issue.

@l_returns - Your arguments were not completely wrong either. You should not be this timid to delete post even when you are (partially) right. Since they are deleted, I will not bash you for those :stuck_out_tongue:

Lastly - I do not appreciate usage of ill words on forums. Arguments can be heated, but usage of words like ass, fuck or any abuse is not how I want discussions to go.

5 Likes

Lmao. What about stuff like bullcrap, bullshit, “are you high/what did you smoke bro?” (cough cough) etc? Are they allowed?

XD I can undo them. I just remembered that vijju asked me not to spam discuss :stuck_out_tongue:

I also wanted to read whatever is deleted :pensive::pensive::pensive: